Handmade honey lemon soap – create an easy DIY soap for Mother’s Day with honey glycerin soap and lemon essential oil.
Hello friends! It’s a new month and time for another Michaels Makers challenge. This month we’re talking about Mother’s Day gifts. Every year I try to mix in a little bit of handmade and store bought gifts for my sweet mom. Last year I made her a basket filled with homemade soaps, sugar scrubs, and bath salts. She really enjoyed it so I want to create a similar basket for her again this year. A few years ago I shared a DIY Lemon Soap recipe that is still one of my favorite tutorials to this day. Lemon soap smells incredible and so refreshing for Spring. When I came across honey glycerin soap at Michaels I knew it would pair well with lemon essential oil.
If you’re familiar with my soap tutorials you may have noticed that I often use melt & pour soap bases to create handmade soaps. This method is quick, easy and can be customized with any scent or colorant you like. For this tutorial I’m using honey glycerin. It’s a 5lb block so I estimated how much I would need and used a soap cutter to cut it into cubes. I use a large 4-cup pyrex glass to melt my soap and ended up with exactly 2 cups of melted soap. This made 4 soaps using the bee soap mold from Michaels.
Honey glycerin soap
Bee soap mold
Yellow soap colorant (optional)
Lemon Essential Oil (affiliate)
Honey Lemon Soap
- Honey glycerin soap
- Bee soap mold
- Yellow soap colorant optional
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Cut soap into cubes. Melt soap in a large microwaveable bowl or soap melting pot. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir then continue to microwave and stir every 10-20 seconds until completely melted.
- Stir in 15-20 drops of lemon essential oil. Add 1-2 drops of soap colorant to boost color.
- Pour into soap molds. Allow soap to set for at least 1-2 hours before removing.
More Mother’s Day ideas:
- Michaels has everything you need to craft the perfect handmade gift that will make Mom’s day.
- If you don’t know where to begin, you can always take a look at some of the fun projects on Michaels.com or the other 49 Makers’ ideas on The Glue String for to see how they personalized their crafts!
Those look so good! I’ll have to try to make these for my mother-in-law.
Thanks for sharing! What else smells good with honey?