DIY Ocean Toy Soap – kids will love this handmade toy soap craft! It’s easy to make and perfect to give as a party favor for an under the sea party or ocean theme week craft idea.
DIY TOY SOAP FOR KIDS
Keeping the kids busy over spring break is always a bit of a challenge. This year instead of a mini vacation we spent most of our days sleeping in, making forts, and trying new recipes. It was pure bliss! Every once in a while I heard the dreaded “mom, I’m bored” and that was my cue to think of a fun activity for them. This ocean toy soap is one of many creations from spring break. The kids had fun making this glitter soap with miniature sea creatures inside.
When my daughter was a toddler she was in love with sea creatures and the ocean. I even shared our love for ocean-themed crafts a few years ago. So when I suggested we make ocean soap she was thrilled! This is a fun project for kids and you can customize it with any small toy. We added lemon essential oil to give our soap a citrus scent, but you can add any essential oil you like. I’ve included Amazon affiliate links to where you can find everything we used.
- Clear Glycerin Soap
- Soap dye or blue mica powder
- Toy Sea Creatures
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Biodegradable glitter or cosmetic mica powder
- melting pot or large pyrex measuring cup
- silicone mold
HOW TO MAKE OCEAN TOY SOAP
- Step one: cube 2 pounds of melt and pour glycerin soap. Use a 4 cup pyrex glass cup to melt over a double boiler.
- Step two: place toys upside down in mold; sprinkle glitter.
- Step three: Stir in essential oil and soap dye. If using a liquid soap colorant you only need 3-5 drops. If you’re using mica powder you only need a tiny scoop, maybe a quarter teaspoon at most (I suggest an adult helps with this step to avoid a mess with the powder and having it possibly float in the air). Stir until the colorant is mixed well. Pour melted soap into the mold and allow soap to set for a few hours before removing.
More activities for kids: