How to make a glow in the dark tic tac toe board. Create your own glowing game board with stars and moon stickers with this quick tutorial. This boredom buster idea is easy to make and a fun game to play at a Glow in the Dark Party or slumber party!
DIY Glow in the Dark Tic Tac Toe
It’s no secret that we love glow in the dark craft projects. There’s something so fun about seeing things glow after dark. Over the years we have shared a variety of ideas including this Ring Toss Game, this kid-favorite SLIME, and Mason Jar Luminaries.
Recently, Silhouette reached out to see if I’d like to create a project using their Glow in the Dark sticker paper and generously sent some products to work with. Of course, I was totally on board with trying out this sticker paper and immediately started thinking of ways to use it to keep the kids entertained.
The best part about the Silhouette glow in the dark sticker paper is that it’s printable! Print fun designs and sayings, then cut out with a Cameo machine to create your own custom glow in the dark stickers. To do this you will use the Silhouette Print & Cut feature using your home printer and cutting machine. You can find the sticker paper under specialty media on Silhouette or on Amazon.
What can you make with the sticker paper?
- Print & cut fun themed designs to add on candy jars for a party
- Create windows on a kid’s room skyline mural
- Galaxy themed nightlight using this MASON JAR TUTORIAL
If there’s one thing I know I can count on keeping my kids busy, it’s glow in the dark games. This DIY Glow in the Dark Tic Tac Toe board has been a big hit! My kids have asked to play this every night right before bed.
This project is giving me some major 90s vibes with the glow in the dark stars. Remember the stick-on glow in the dark stars you could apply to your ceiling? Ahhh nostalgia. I had my entire ceiling covered in those stars. Maybe that’s where my love for glow in the dark crafts originated.
For this project, I kept things simple with a basic star and moon design. I’m definitely planning on testing out the printable option for a Halloween idea I’m brainstorming and will update you on how it works.
I’ve added Amazon affiliate links to the supplies needed for this project. The stars and circles can be found at a local craft store.
Glow in the dark game supplies
- Craft wood square block
- Unfinished wood circles
- Unfinished wood stars
- Black paint
- Silhouette Glow in the Dark Sticker Paper
- Transfer tape
- Silhouette Cameo
I made a quick video tutorial on how to make this project.
How to make a glow in the dark tic tac toe board
- Paint the wood stars, circle, and square board with 1-2 coats of black paint. Spray paint is a fast option, but regular acrylic paint will also work. Allow the pieces to dry overnight.
- Use a Silhouette cameo machine to cut the designs. Tic tac toe design: 5104, Star design: 36591, moon design: 277334.
- Adjust to fit the wooden game board pieces. The board I used is slightly under 8×8 and the circles are 2 inches. The stars are just a little over 2 inches, so I used the outline of the star design as a sticker in the center.
- Apply the cut designs using transfer tape.
- To activate the glow, expose the game board and pieces to light for at least 30 seconds. Turn off the lights and watch the board light up!
Want more glow in the dark craft ideas? Check out some of our favorites:
- Glow in the Dark Pumpkins
- Glowing Easter Eggs
- Halloween window clings
- Glow-in-the-dark Halloween Candles