How to make paper flowers without a die cutting machine
With Mother’s Day quickly approaching it’s time to start thinking about gifts and ideas for the special mother’s in your life. Today I’m going to show you how easy it is to make paper flowers without a die cutting machine. It’s no secret that I enjoy using my die cutting machines, but I still like using punches just as much as I used to! These flowers are made with a punch, layered to create an ombre effect, and finished with a button in the center. You can use the paper flowers in a bouquet, centerpiece for your Mother’s Day brunch, or to wear as a boutonniere.
DIY Paper Flowers
- punches in various styles
- tape runner
- hot glue
- Punch two strips of paper for each color (each flower has six strips of paper total). The lighter the paper the easier it is to repeatedly punch, but unfortunately also makes a flimsier flower. I used heavy cardstock for my flowers.
- Slightly overlap one strip on top of the other for each color. I used a tape runner to glue them together.
- Using a low-temp hot glue gun glue the first strip in a circular pattern. Keep wrapping the paper around, gluing every couple of inches. Then repeat with the next two strips, starting where the previous strip ended.
- Glue a button in the center, the more it sparkles the better. :)
- Hand cut leaves and glue to the back of the flower. Glue a felt circle onto the flower and add a pin on top.
More Flower Craft Ideas
Now you have pretty paper flowers to add to your gift wrap or to wear this Mother’s Day!
So cute! They are so full, love it!
These are so pretty and easy!! Love that kind of project!
Awesome! Another use for my punches!
YES! Thank you for doing a tutorial without the cutting machine :) (You know, now all of us are lucky to have the machine) These are gorgeous…must pin :)
What a unique idea! I’ve never seen something like this. Thanks for sharing.
I’d love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up!
I just love paper flowers!!! Absolutely adorable! It would be awesome if you could join my Link Party on Sundays and the Pin Hop on Thursdays.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend
Cami @ TitiCrafty by Camila
These are just perfect!!! and surprisingly easy to make!!
would love for you to share this on my link party Serenity Saturday
SOOOOOOO CUTE! I just love them. Pssst dang you get lots of comments. I wish I got that many on my creative, decor posts. I don’t know why I don’t get more? sad face. Anyway, mini rant. sorry. Hugs, jen
Beautiful!! And your pictures are really gorgeous too!
Gorg! I just posted some tissue paper flowers I made but these are even better! So lovely. Would you mind sharing this on a new link party I host with 5 other blogs: Moonlight & Mason Jars Mondays! We feature 5 blogs who link up every week. The party closes at midnight on Wednesday. I know our readers will LOVE these too! :)
Those are beautiful, Crystal! Just pinned.
Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts – you were featured on Wednesday – most viewed link!
Featuring you tonight ;) Thank you for coming to the party!
Thanks for sharing
These are so sweet, I’d love to find a way to put stems on them. I think they’d make a cute centerpiece for a garden party, bridal shower, a ladies luncheon or afternoon tea.
This is the best version of the use of this punch. I have it and have made some alright blooms, but yours are perfect. Thanks for sharing this.