DIY Unicorn Bath Bomb – how to make a glitter unicorn horn bath bomb
Have you noticed the unicorn trend? It’s all over the place! Last year when we were planning my daughters Unicorn Party I had the hardest time finding party supplies. This year I’m seeing unicorn party supplies, treats, food ideas (like the Starbucks drink that inspired my Unicorn Frappuccino Bath Bomb) and crafts everywhere I look. It’s so fun to see all of the creative unicorn ideas. Today I have a new bath bomb to share with you guys that plays into the unicorn trend. This DIY Unicorn bath bomb is made in a popsicle mold with multiple layered colors and cosmetic-grade glitter. I’ve made a lot of bath bombs over the years but this one is definitely ranking in my top 5. The unicorn shape is so fun and it makes a great handmade gift for friends!
This post contains affiliate links
How to make unicorn bath bombs
You can watch this quick video tutorial to see how I make my bath bombs
- Combine dry ingredient together – baking soda, cornstarch, citric acid and Epsom salt. Divide mixture evenly into three bowls and add cosmetic pigment powder to each one. I used a combination of pink, purple and blue pigment (you could also use GEL food coloring). Note: using regular food coloring will activate the mixture and ruin the batch. Carefully add a small amount of GEL food coloring when you add the oil.
- Divide melted coconut oil and lavender essential oil evenly between each bowl. Mix together then lightly spray with witch hazel until it can hold its shape when you make a fist (see video above). Begin laying the mixture into the popsicle mold; press firmly then let dry for several hours or overnight.
- Place a towel down and carefully remove bath bombs from mold by flipping upside down. You may need to slightly tap the mold against the surface but they should come out fairly easy. Next spray one pump of rubbing alcohol onto the bath bombs then immediately sprinkle glitter over. The alcohol acts as a bonding agent for the glitter and wont activate the bath bomb.
More Bath Bomb Recipes
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup citric acid
- 6 tablespoons epsom salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- cosmetic pigment powder
- lavender essential oil
- witch hazel spray bottle
- In a large bowl, combine baking soda, cornstarch, citric acid and epsom salt. Divide mixture into three bowls and add pigment powder to each one. You will only need a small amount of pigment powder (about 1 teaspoon). The more pigment you add the more vibrant the color will be.
- Combine melted coconut oil and lavender essential oil. Evenly distribute between the three bowls. Mix until well combined.
- Spray a couple pumps of witch hazel to each mixture until it can form it's shape.
- Layer the mixture into the mold and let dry for 4 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove from mold and spray with rubbing alcohol then sprinkle cosmetic glitter.
DIY Unicorn Bath Bomb
More ideas DIY ideas: