How to make a rose bath bomb. This DIY rose bath bomb is made with rose petals, rose essential oil and milk powder to help nourish and moisturize skin. Soak in a bath with this lovely bath bomb for a relaxing experience or give to someone you care about as a pampering spa gift.
How to make Rose Bath Bombs
Making your own bath bombs is very easy to do. This Rose bath bomb recipe is something I’ve been thinking about for a few months now. After a recent trip to Lush, I noticed that they had a rose and soy milk bath bomb and instantly fell in love! I knew I wanted to create my own with the addition of milk powder. The bath bomb is made with dried rose petals, milk powder, and rose essential oil. The milk powder gives your skin a silky soft feel while the rose essential oil enhances the rose petal fragrance.
This post contains affiliate links
DIY Rose Bath Bomb
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup Citric Acid
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup Dry Milk
- 3 tablespoons Epsom salt
- handful dried rose petals
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3-4 teaspoons Almond Oil
- 15-20 drops Rose oil
I made a quick video tutorial with the updated recipe – find the new recipe HERE.
- In a large bowl combine baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, milk powder, and Epsom salt. Add rose petals that have been cut into small pieces.
- In a small cup or bowl stir together water, almond oil, and rose essential oil.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry mixture. Test mixture by grabbing a handful and making a fist. If it holds it’s shaping it’s ready to be placed in the mold. If it’s too dry (the mixture crumbles once you open your fist) use a spray bottle to LIGHTLY spray water 1-2 times, until you can form a shape. Do not overspray or the mixture will begin to fizz and not form correctly.
- Use plastic ornament molds to make the bath bombs. I like to overfill each half then press them together until the excess falls out. This way you’ll have a compact bath bomb that won’t fall apart when you open the mold. You can also use silicone molds to make small bath bombs. This recipe makes 3 medium bath bombs or 2 medium and 8 small bath bomb fizzies.
- Leave bath bombs to dry overnight before removing from mold. Allow them to dry on a towel for a few hours before using or wrapping.
More Bath Bomb Recipes
Rose Milk Bath Bomb
More ideas you may like: