Easy no-bake football oreo balls made with only 4 ingredients. This tasty game-day snack is perfect for a Super Bowl party. The recipe is made with simple ingredients, it’s quick to make, and always a crowd favorite at parties.
Oreo balls have become one of our favorite party foods. We make them for every occasion and create a shape/design to fit every party theme we host. With the Super Bowl around the corner, this football-shaped oreo truffle was a fun new take on our classic OREO BALLS RECIPE.
Football Shaped OREO Truffles
To make oreo ball footballs, you will need oreo cookies, cream cheese, and chocolate. Simple, right? Once the cookie mixture is combined, you shape the truffles into a football shape and dip them in chocolate. The result is a decadent, creamy chocolate truffle center with a chocolate shell.
If chilled, this easy treat is excellent for a tailgating party before a big game. Whether you are watching your favorite professional football team or hosting an end-of-season football party for a local football team, it’s a fun recipe to try.
Ingredients to make Football OREO Truffles
- Oreo cookies. One package of regular (or gluten-free) oreo cookies, not double stuffed. Specialty flavored oreos may also be used if they are not double stuffed.
- Cream cheese. The cream cheese helps bind the oreo crumbs together to make a truffle-like treat.
- Chocolate. High-quality melting chocolate provides the best flavor. Use milk, regular or dark chocolate based on preference.
- White chocolate. A small amount of white chocolate is needed to pipe the lines on the football in the last step.
How to make football oreo balls
Check out our 3-ingredient OREO Balls recipe post for more tips and tricks. The quick video below shows the basic steps.
- Combine the oreo crumbs and cream cheese. Refrigerate mixture until firm.
- Scoop into 1-inch balls, then shape into footballs.
- Dip in melted chocolate; refrigerate until firm.
- Pipe white chocolate lines on top to resemble a football design.
Can you freeze OREO balls?
Yes, they can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up 2 months.
Why is my mixture too sticky?
This may occur if using double-stuffed oreo cookies. The added cream center affects the balance of the oreo crumbs combined with the cream cheese. Temperature can also affect the texture of the mixture, simply place it in the refrigerator until firm before scooping.
If the oreo ball recipe is too rich, you can also use half of the cream cheese in the recipe. Find the right balance for your preference by adding more/less as long as the balls hold their shape.
Helpful kitchen tools
- Cookie Scoop
- Parchment paper or silicone mat
- Food processor or plastic bag and rolling pin to crumble the cookies.
More recipe ideas:
Football OREO Ball Truffles
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 12 oz melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- Place oreo cookies in a food processor. Pulse until finely crumbled.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oreo cookies with softened cream cheese. Refrigerate mixture for 10 minutes.
- Scoop into 1-inch balls, then shape into footballs. Place on silicone or parchment-covered baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Melt dark chocolate according to package directions. Dip footballs into chocolate and shake off excess. Place back on covered baking sheet. If needed, refrigerate to help the chocolate set faster.
- Place melted white chocolate in a piping bag. Add lines on top of the footballs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.