This homemade lemon rosemary bath salts recipe is perfect for the Summer months, with an invigorating lemon scent and fresh rosemary.
If you’ve been following along the last few months you may have noticed that I enjoy homemade bath salts, sugar scrubs, and soap making. Perhaps it’s the warm weather but I find myself infusing my bath salts, sugar scrubs, and soaps with lemon essential oil quite often. Today I’m sharing another favorite bath salts recipe with you.
Lemon Rosemary Bath Salts
Bath salts make lovely handmade gifts. They are perfect for Mother’s Day, birthday or spa pampering gift baskets. They are also very easy to make. Using ingredients you may already have in your home, this bath salt recipe is easy to make and cost a fraction of what you might pay at a store.
This post contains affiliate links
- 2 cups epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp fresh rosemary; finely chopped
- 6-8 drops lemon essential oil
- 2-3 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
DIY Bath Salts
- In a bowl combine epsom salt and baking soda.
- Add in half of the essential oil drops, mix, then add in the remaining drops.
- Mix in the chopped rosemary and lemon zest if you decide to use it until fully combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
I like using mason jars tied with ribbon or twine. Plus who doesn’t love receiving a gift in a jar? Oh how I hope the mason jar craze never fades, they’re just so fun to work with!
More Bath Salts Recipes
Lemon rosemary bath salts also make a lovely gift for house guests that may be visiting this Summer. It smells wonderful, perhaps one of my favorite paired scents so far!