Hey, hey crafty friends! Are you excited about Mother’s Day this weekend? If you’re looking for a last minute gift idea I have one more to share with you today. You might have already noticed that I love homemade scrubs, soap, and bath salts. They’re really easy to make and cost a fraction of what you can buy them for at the store, plus they make great handmade gifts. This lemon sugar scrub recipe is one of my favorites! It’s made with coconut oil, fresh lemon zest, and lemon essential oil. Trust me when I say this lemon sugar scrub smells delightful!
This post contains affiliate links
Homemade Lemon Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. lemon zest
- 8-10 drops lemon essential oil
How to make lemon sugar scrub
- In a glass bowl melt coconut oil for 30 seconds or until it becomes liquid.
- Mix lemon essential oil and lemon zest with the melted coconut oil.
- Add in sugar and mix until well combined. When making sugar scrub I recommend starting with 1 1/2 cups of sugar and adding 1/2 cup until you reach the consistency you enjoy the best. I prefer a coarser scrub with not as much oil so 2 1/2 cups of sugar is perfect for me.
The coconut oil and lemon infused scent makes this sugar scrub smell amazing. It’s the perfect sugar scrub for Summer; use it on your hands, feet, or whole body for silky smooth skin.
A few more Handmade Gift Ideas