An easy homemade lavender and lemon soap recipe – makes a great Mother’s Day gift.
Lavender Lemon Soap
With Mother’s Day coming up I wanted to share another easy soap gift idea. Last year I made lemon soap for the special women in my life and this year I’ve been playing around with new scent combinations. I’ve been using lavender essential oils a lot lately and wanted to make a lavender lemon soap. Yes, it does smell as incredible as it sounds. I love the combination of the rejuvenating citrus with the relaxing lavender scent.
I’m all about gifting homemade sugar scrubs and soap for Mother’s Day. This year I’m making spa gift baskets with all of the essentials, including a spa gift certificate. I’ve included homemade lip balm, two different sugar scrubs, bath salts, handmade soap, and a lip exfoliating scrub. I have several new recipes to share with you and printable tags for Mother’s Day coming up. I’ve listed Amazon affiliate links below to where you can find similar supplies online to make this soap recipe.
- 2 pounds of Goats Milk Soap Base
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Soap Mold
- rubbing alcohol
- optional: purple soap dye
- optional: poppy seeds
How to make melt and pour soap
- In a double boiler divide soap in half. Melt one pound of soap for 15-20 minutes, or until completely liquified.
- Stir in 10-15 drops lavender essential oil. If desired add in a few drops of purple soap dye to add color. Also optional, add 1 teaspoon poppy seeds for exfoliating.
- Pour into soap molds and lightly spray alcohol on top to eliminate bubbles. Allow soap layer to harden for at least one hour.
- Melt remaining soap and add lemon essential oil. Pour over lavender soap layer and allow to harden for 1-2 hours before removing.
- Just a tip: I suggest adding the poppy seeds only if you plan to use the soap soon after making it. After a few weeks, the poppy seeds discolor the top of the soap bar. This recipe makes 8-10 soap bars depending on the size of the soap mold.
I wrapped the soap bars in burlap tied with twine and a synthetic flower. These little beauties are perfect for my Mother’s Day gift baskets.
For more Mother’s Day ideas try
Thanks for stopping by!