White chocolate Lucky Charms treats
St. Patrick’s Day often tends to be overlooked in our home. Usually the extent of our St. Patrick’s Day celebration comes in the form of mint recipes like our Mint Chocolate chip Ice Cream Cupcakes and Triple Chocolate Mint Brownies. We don’t tend to make a lot of St. Patty’s day crafts or decorate our home in green decor. Which makes me cringe just thinking about it. For someone who enjoys a simple and neutral color palette, I can’t fathom the idea of green decor unless it’s a plant. ;) So when my daughter came home from kindergarten the other day asking about St. Patrick’s Day I couldn’t help make a treat inspired by the holiday. These Lucky Charms Treats were a big hit with the kids!
They’re similar to the Lucky Charms treat bars you can find at the grocery store. The recipe follows the infamous Rice Krispies Treats recipe using marshmallows, butter, and cereal except it’s packed with double the marshmallows. Once the marshmallow cereal treats are ready they’re cut into bars and dipped in white chocolate.
Lucky Charms Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- In a large pot melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Use a buttered spatula to stir in Lucky Charms cereal until fully coated.
- Press cereal mixture into a greased 13x9 inch pan. Cool.
- Cut into squares and remove from pan.
- Over a double boiler melt white chocolate; remove from heat.
- Dip bottom of cereal treat into the melted chocolate; place on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Allow chocolate to cool and enjoy!