White chocolate covered popcorn mixed with mint Oreo cookie and shamrock sprinkles. The perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
This post is brought to you by Michaels.
Hello friends and happy Friday! Are you looking forward to the weekend? We’re taking the kids to see Zootopia and we can’t wait! We also plan to make a few last minute St. Patrick’s Day crafts. My daughter wants to make a green necklace to wear to school on the 17th. I’ve been brainstorming ideas that she can make and we’ll be headed to Michaels for supplies today to see what we can find. Speaking of St. Patrick’s Day, I have the easiest treat to share with you today. This Mint Oreo Popcorn is a favorite in our home. It’s white chocolate covered popcorn with chopped mint Oreo cookies and shamrock sprinkles.
We found these adorable shamrock and pot of gold sprinkles at Michaels and knew we had to make a St. Patrick’s Day treat with them. I also picked up a few clear pails and shamrock garland to give to our friends. I love using these little pails to give as gifts, like I did with my Hot Cocoa Gifts last year. To keep things simple I wrapped the garland around the pail a few times and filled it with our chocolate popcorn.
Mint Oreo Popcorn
- 6 cups popcorn
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 8 Mint Oreo Cookies chopped
- Wilton sprinkles
- Pop 6 cups of popcorn; place in large bowl and set aside.
- Melt 12 ounces white chocolate (chips or melting wafers) in microwave or double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn; stir until popcorn is evenly covered.
- Transfer to a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Add chopped mint Oreo cookies and sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set before serving.
More St. Patrick’s Day recipes: