There’s a small family owned bakery near my house that makes the most delicious desserts. One of my favorites are their monster cookies. The cookies are soft and peanut buttery with a hint of M&M’s nestled inside. After going there ahem at least once a week for the last month I knew I had to recreate my own at home. I wanted to create a soft cookie with a peanut butter base but fill it with various candies and chocolate chips. This monster cookie recipe is exactly what I had in mind and definitely a new family favorite!
Can we talk about how monster cookies might be the best cookies ever? Some people like chocolate chip cookies, some like peanut butter cookies. Then there’s those who like M&M and oatmeal cookies. Monster cookies combines all four of those into one amazingly delicious, and might I add addicting, cookie.
Monster Cookies Recipe
These monster cookies are made with creamy peanut butter, quick oats, chocolate chips, and both mini and peanut M&M’s. They’re perfect for picnics, bake sales, or an after school snack. These will definitely make an appearance on our next camping trip too!
Double M&M’s Monster Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup peanut M&M's
- 1 cup Mini M&M's
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine sugars, butter, and peanut butter.
- Slowly mix in eggs one at a time and vanilla extract.
- Add oats, baking soda, and flour and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by heaping tablespoons and drop onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; allow to cool for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
So tell me…what is YOUR favorite cookie?