Homemade pumpkin spice lattes are delicious and easy to make. You can make this festive fall drink using fresh ingredients including pumpkin spice syrup, espresso, steamed milk, vanilla extract, and a blend of pumpkin pie spices.
The return of pumpkin spice lattes is my favorite way to welcome the Fall season. We’ve had a bit of a cool down lately and nothing makes me happier than enjoying the chilly weather in a comfortable sweater while sipping a PSL. Add in watching You’ve Got Mail while sipping a pumpkin latte and I’m one happy gal.
I’m the type of person that is ready to see summer go by the end of August. As soon as the coffee shops bring out the pumpkin drinks, I’m ready for the festivities to begin.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
If you enjoy picking up a pumpkin latte every fall season, then you won’t believe how easy it is to make your own drink at home. This is an affordable way to enjoy your favorite autumnal drink all season long without breaking the bank. Plus, it’s easy to customize with your milk, sugar, and caffeine preference using minimal ingredients.
This pumpkin spice latte can be made with your favorite type of milk. Whether that’s cow’s milk, almond, soy, or oat milk. It’s really easy to adjust according to your preference and dietary needs.
Feel free to play around with the sweetness of the pumpkin syrup depending on how strong of a pumpkin flavor you prefer.
Homemade latte ingredients
- Espresso or strong coffee – 1-2 shots of espresso work best in this recipe, feel free to adjust to your caffeine preference.
- Pumpkin puree – canned or fresh pumpkin puree is what makes this fall drink special. The pumpkin puree is made into a pumpkin syrup.
- Milk – whole milk works best if you prefer dairy. Alternative milk options like oat milk or almond milk will also work.
- Pumpkin pie spice – pick up a pumpkin pie spice blend at the store or create your own using a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
- Vanilla extract – add a splash of vanilla extract to really bring together the pumpkin flavor and spices.
How to make a pumpkin spice latte (VIDEO TUTORIAL)
- Make the pumpkin spice syrup and pour into a mug.
- Brew espresso or strong coffee – stir into pumpkin syrup.
- Heat and froth the milk – a handheld option works in a pinch, if you plan to make a lot of lattes then a milk frother is ideal.
- Pour the steamed milk over the espresso; lightly stir together.
- Optional: top with whipped cream and pumpkin spice.
More Pumpkin Spice Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ounces espresso
- 2 tbsp pumpkin syrup
- whipped cream
- pumpkin pie spice
- Warm and froth milk.
- Brew espresso and pour into a mug. Stir in pumpkin syrup.
- Pour milk over espresso; stir gently.
- Optional: top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.