Reese’s 7 Layer Bars – a 7 layer magic cookie dessert made with Reese’s mini cups, chocolate chips, walnuts, and shredded coconut.
Hi friends! I hope you had a happy Easter! The kids are almost through their spring break and I’m not ready for them to go back any time soon. I love having them home, if I could homeschool I would. We’ve spent the last few days sleeping in, making fun recipes and crafts. Keeping them busy has been a challenge so we’ve been exploring local attractions and thinking of fun activities to do as a family. I’ll be sharing some of those ideas with you soon, including a couple of new dessert recipes. This recipe for Reese’s 7 Layer Magic Bars was one of our creations this week.
If you’re not familiar with 7 layer bars the dessert is exactly that…7 layers of delicious goodness. It’s a graham cracker crust topped with chocolate chips, Reese’s mini cups, walnuts, sweetened condensed milk, and shredded coconut. The sweetened condensed milk soaks through the layers and forms a mix between a cookie and blondie. These magic bars are addicting and so, so good! You can also exchange the Reese’s cups for another soft candy you prefer.
Reese's 7 Layer Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups graham crackers crumbs
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Reese’s mini cups chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips optional
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place butter in 8x11 or 9x13 inch baking pan and melt in oven.
- Remove pan from oven and firmly pressed graham cracker crumbs onto melted butter.
- Layer the ingredients – chocolate chips, Reese’s cups, and walnuts.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the entire pan.
- Sprinkle coconut on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Tip: cover the bottom and sides of pan with foil before adding the butter. This way you can lift the entire sheet out for easier cutting.
More dessert recipes: