Decadent, thick and chewy Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies.
Homemade Reese’s Cookies
You guys, this might just be my new favorite cookie recipe! It’s a rich mocha cookie recipe filled with mounds of chocolate and peanut butter pieces. Chocolate and peanut butter can it get any better? Oh wait it can because it’s also made with coffee extract. So let’s review..chocolate, peanut butter, and coffee? Yes, please! I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today!
For this recipe I used McCormick Vanilla and Coffee Extract, along with unsweetened cocoa powder and melted chocolate right in the batter. The end result is a decadent, chewy mocha cookie. The chocolate chunks are my favorite, they melt in your mouth with every bite! You can adapt the coffee extract to your preference, I used three teaspoons but add another if you prefer a stronger coffee flavor.
Reese’s Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp McCormick Coffee Extract
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Vanilla Extract
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup mini peanut butter pieces
- Melt 2 cups of semisweet chocolate over a double boiler or in microwave, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, coffee and vanilla extract.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a stand mixer or with hand mixer for 4-6 minutes. Beat in egg mixture for 30 seconds. Slowly add melted chocolate and beat until well incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed to lowest setting and slowly add flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and peanut butter pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and allow dough to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. This will help the dough thicken to a fudge-like consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop dough with cookie scoop and drop 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press down on the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- Serve warm or allow to cool completely then store in airtight container.
Love these cookies! Anything with pb and chocolate is a win for me! Heading off to re-pin so we can win this thing :)
These look really good, do you use a problem to to write the recipe out, to so others can save it?
these sound & look so good i am going to the store & get what i do not have & make them this evening. thanks for this chance to win. i am going to pin this on pinterest.
Those cookies are sinful, but I bet worth it all!! Super delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!!
mmmm that looks soo good! Would LOVE to win for the upcoming holiday season!! Thank you!
Earlier I was wanting to cook some chocolate cookies to put candy corn m&m’s into. I opened up my Pinterest and found these! (And a giveaway…bonus!!) I just made them. I had to make a few modifications. I don’t have coffee extract so mine aren’t mocha, and I used the m&m’s instead of Reese’s. But, man oh man, are they good!! My husband said the taste like brownies!I have a new go-to chocolate cookie recipe! Thanks!
One word: PINNING!!
These look so yummy! i now know what i am making my husband and his friends for treats football night!
Thanks for the tips! i will be applying these!
Oh my goodness I want some of these right now! So making these soon!
Oh my these look tasty! I love the combo of Reese’s and mocha!
I pinned yours, these look yummy!
Love! Love! Love! These cookies have all my favorite things!
Just love these kind of recipes – simple, light, fast and delicious. Can’t wait to try this. Thanks!