This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi. The opinions and text are all mine.
Making your own latte at home is easy and a fraction of the cost of buying one at a coffee shop. This easy recipe is filled with layers of espresso coffee, caramel syrup, steamed milk and caramel drizzle. Add a pinch of sea salt to make it a salted caramel latte.
Nespresso Salted Caramel Latte
Last fall my husband and I traveled to Europe for our anniversary. We spent most of our time in Paris and our hotel had a Nespresso machine in the room. I was instantly in love with the idea of making my own latte every afternoon. It was a great way to enjoy a little pick me up before exploring the beautiful sites Paris has to offer. When we returned, I noticed several friends share how much they loved their Nespresso machine on Instagram. I kept thinking what a great gift it would make, especially for Mother’s Day. Today we are thrilled to partner with De’Longhi to share this easy Salted Caramel Latte recipe using the new Lattissima One Nespresso machine.
The De’Longhi Lattissima One provides an easy way to make top-quality cappuccino and latte macchiato drinks at home. One capsule and a touch of a button makes the perfect single serving espresso, cappuccino, coffee or latte with an innovative fresh milk system. The machine was pleasantly easy to use and has 6 one touch options to make a variety of drink recipes. It’s the perfect gift for someone who wants to enjoy a homemade latte at home, especially with Mother’s Day coming up. You can save 25% Nespresso/Latissima products between 5/4-5/14. For more information on the Lattissima One, visit De’Longhi.
How to make a caramel latte at home
- To prepare a latte at home, fill your machine with milk and espresso capsule.
- Add caramel syrup to the bottom of the cup.
- Press the milk drink button on the machine.
- The steamed milk will pour into the cup, then the espresso.
- Top the steamed milk with caramel sauce. Add a sprinkle of sea salt on top.
Note: I typically drink coffee black or with very little sweetener (the caramel syrup is enough for me). But feel free to adjust the caramel syrup to your taste preference between 1-2 teaspoons and extra caramel sauce on top. The caramel syrup I used is Torrani and the caramel sauce is you can also use homemade caramel sauce.
- 1.5 ounces espresso
- 4 ounces milk
- 1-2 teaspoons caramel syrup
- caramel sauce
- sea salt
- Add 1-2 teaspoons caramel syrup to the bottom of your cup.
- Fill Nespresso machine with milk in the milk attachment. Place coffee capsule in the machine and press the latte button.
- The steamed milk will dispense first then the espresso.
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top and add a pinch of course sea salt
- Enjoy your salted caramel latte!