Triple chocolate cheesecake topped with ganache and Reese’s cups.
We survived our first week of school! I’m still unsure whether I should celebrate with a chocolate cheesecake or drown my sorrows in a big slice of this chocolate heaven. You see, on Wednesday I sent my last baby to preschool. Cue the tears. There were many tears involved, and they definitely weren’t coming from a certain 4 year old I know. I thought for sure he’d be the hardest to send to school. He’s a wild one but he’s terribly shy in front of strangers. He’d been so nervous about this for weeks. Then on Wednesday as I tried to give him his 37th hug that morning he practically pushed me out the door. He was ready for this new adventure whether I was or not. Surprisingly after I got in the car and wiped away my tears I felt nothing but excitement for him. I couldn’t wait to pick him up and hear all about his day! I’ve struggled with accepting this new stage of our lives for months and now that it’s happening I’m ready to embrace it. Of course I’ll miss having little ones at home with me during the day but I’m also excited about the time it’ll give me to focus on work, running errands, and volunteering at their schools. So I think we should celebrate with chocolate, right?
Today I’m sharing a chocolate cheesecake that I made a couple times over the summer. I’ve wanted to sit down to write this recipe for weeks, but things have been so busy with the end of summer and back to school. I even shared a sneak peak on instagram about a month ago thinking I would have the recipe up soon after. Ooops! Trust me, this recipe is worth the wait. It’s a very rich chocolate cheesecake that I topped with ganache and chopped Reese’s cups. My husband said it’s chocolate overload, but you can never have too much chocolate. Am I right?
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 18 Oreo cookies finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- For the ganache:
- 8 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- about 10 Reese's cups chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crush Oreo cookies in a food processor. Mix crumbs with melted butter; press into 9-inch spring form pan or mini cheesecake pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add eggs, mix just until blended.
- Pour over Oreo crust.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- For the ganache:
- Heat cream in a small sauce pan until it begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Allow ganache to cool slightly before pouring over cheesecake. Top with chopped Reese's cups.
I originally made this recipe as mini chocolate cheesecakes. They’re the perfect size and we love our mini cheesecake pan! The only concern with making them into individual servings is that you will need 3 pans to make 36 mini cheesecakes. It’s perfect if you’re having a party or large event. I don’t have three mini cheesecake pans so I used my one cheesecake pan and two cupcake pans. A dozen of them looked slightly different but we didn’t mind.
More cheesecake recipes:
OMG!!! Now, this is a cheesecake!
I agree with you that you can never have too much chocolate!! This looks so amazing!! Thanks for the recipe :)
Thanks, Crystal! I knew my husband didn’t know what he was talking about..too much chocolate? That’s crazy talk! :)