My favorite holiday treat is without a doubt Ghirardelli peppermint bark. Have you tried it? It is amazing! My oldest (who loves anything and everything mint) and I were eating a piece of peppermint bark the other day when he suggested that we use it to bake with. It inspired me to create a Triple Chocolate Peppermint Brownies recipe.
These are way too addicting, I had to stop myself from eating the entire pan. Chocolate and peppermint are one of the best holiday flavors! We love to use candy canes to stir our hot cocoa and now we have a new treat to make on those cold winter days.
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- 1 package Ghirardelli Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips; melted optional
- 1/2 Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare baking pan by lightly greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- Combine water, oil, and egg in a mixing bowl. Add brownie mix and peppermint extract; stir until fully combined. Spread into pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Once brownies have cooled drizzle with white chocolate and sprinkle peppermint crunch baking chips on top.
For this recipe I used the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix found at Costco. I love, love, love this brownie mix! By the way I actually tried two versions of this recipe and decided this was the best one. In my first attempt at peppermint brownies I sprinkled chopped Hershey’s candy cane kisses on top. They melted right on top of the brownies creating a sweet coating. I found that they were a little too decadent and overpowered the brownies. So my next best option was to drizzle the melted white chocolate chips on top with a piping bag then add the peppermint crunch. I really like the peppermint crunch because it doesn’t melt easily like the kisses did but its also not hard like candy canes.
For more mint recipes check out our