Rick Rack Christmas Trees

It’s not too early to start posting Christmas crafts is it? I sure hope not! You’ll see several Christmas decor, handmade gifts, and treats posted over the next few weeks. To start my Christmas crafting I recently made framed Rick Rack Christmas Trees.

Rick Rack Christmas Trees

These are so festive and easy to make. The possibilities are endless with all the choices of scrapbook paper and rick rack colors available.
 To make these I gathered old frames and gave them a couple coats of silver spray paint.
 I cut my paper and adhered it using an Elmer’s Craft Bond glue stick. It holds up really well but allows you to remove the paper easily if you want to reuse the frame for another project. Or if you change your mind about your paper choice after you’ve glued it on. Just saying :)
 Cut your pieces slightly smaller than the last and use a glue gun to glue onto the paper.
Don’t you just love this time of the year? I can’t wait to show you everything I’m working on for Christmas. Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

1. Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR says

Crystal, this is a GREAT craft project! Very cute! Thanks for sharing. I am now following you via the Creation Corner Link Party. I hope you will follow me, too! Blessings to you!

2. Karen says

I love them! The sparkly ric rack is adorable:) Thanks for sharing! Would love you to link this up to Friday Frolic @Pocket Full of Pink:)

3. Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com says

Stopping by from craft envy :) This is such a cute project.. and looks simple too! I would love for you to share this on my friday link party going on now!

4. Michelle@Somedaycrafts says

I love this. So easy and so cute. I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

5. Tammy says

This is so pretty. I just love projects like this that have a certain elegance in their simplicity. This would be great for my desk at work! Thanks for sharing it :)

6. Mommy of Two 24/7 says

Oh my goodness!! These are adorable!! Great neighbor gift for the kiddos to make. Do you mind if I link back to you when my kids make these for my blog?

mommyoftwo247.blogspot.com

7. gail says

I love the rick rack trees! Oh my! I used to make Christmas trees with my pre-k class and we used rick rack, sequins (lights) gems (ornaments)–the kids loved them.

These are really sweet!
    thanks for linking up AND linking back (makes my day)
    gail
    ps catching you this week!!! LOVE these!

8. bibliobethica says

Wonderful idea. I'm going to precut the ricrack and have the Sunday School children make them for a gift for a parent.