Glitter Easter Eggs

Spring is officially here and it’s put me in the Easter crafting mood. The other day my favorite 2 1/2 year old and I made a trip to the craft store. We browsed the Easter aisle without a definite purpose. I do this far too often. Making random trips to the craft store and always finding something I need seems to be a hobby of mine. But that’s besides the point.

We came across these white wooden eggs and with only two packs left I knew we had to get them. So I scrambled trying to figure out how we could decorate them. Mod Podge fabric onto them? Nah. Paint them? Maybe. Glitter them? Yes! Then I remembered seeing a picture of glitter polka dot eggs on pinterest. After many misleading pins, I found that the original idea comes from Better Homes and Garden. Our trip suddenly had purpose and we walked across the store in search of glitter.
We used Elmer’s Glue Spots, fine glitter, white wooden eggs found at Hobby Lobby.
My daughter and I had fun making these. I helped her apply
the glue spots but they’re a great craft to make with children because
there’s no glue involved. No glue = less mess to clean up. Score!
Granted she did get glitter everywhere but who doesn’t love a little
shine? :)
We even played around with different glitter colors. I was trying to go for the ombre look but I’m not sure how successful it turned out. To make it we applied one row of glue spots and glitter at a time. You’ll have glitter all over the egg but this can easily be cleaned up with a q-tip or your finger (which I found worked best).
Have you started making Easter Crafts? What are some of your favorite Easter crafts to make with your kids?
Linking up at these parties, TCB, Sunday Scoop, Serenity Now

Comments

Those are so stinkin adorable!!! I HEART glitter. I would love it if you would come and share at Toot Your Horn Tuesday link party going on right now :)

oh I LOVE these!! I will feature them when I get my Easter post up :) And I want to make them! So cute! Thanks for linking them up Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. Oh & did you enter my giveaway for a custom stamp??

Thanks! Kristen

I totally pinned these glitter polkadot eggs, too! :) Now seeing yours, I want to try!! They turned out beautiful!! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy Crystal! I always LOVE seeing what you’re linking up!

These are SO CUTE!! My son isn’t old enough to appreciate decorating Easter eggs yet, but I’m definitely pinning for future reference :) Thank you for the tutorial!

These are really cute… I especially like the tip about using the Elmer’s Glue Dots. I would have never thought to do that…but, YES! A much simpler and less messy project for kids! I just might let my super crafty 7 year old make some soon!

Have a great weekend,

Sarah

HI!
    What a brilliant idea! So simple but really beautiful!

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve included your eggies in a “Easter Inspiration” post on my blog – if it’s not ok just let me know and I’ll revise the post but just wanted to share your idea and hopefully inspire more people!