The Easter bunny is hopping into town! Create an easy dessert recipe for Bunny OREO Balls with only four ingredients. This no-bake treat is excellent for kids to make and perfect for an Easter brunch.
Our family loves making holiday-themed OREO Balls. We made white chocolate-covered oreo balls decorated with bunny tails to celebrate the Spring season and Easter. The icing decorations are pressed into the white chocolate and appear as if the bunny burrows in the edible grass.
The pink hearts on the feet and swirled icing bunny tail are adorable. We plan to serve these cute treats for Easter brunch on a platter of green coconut shreds to resemble grass.
Bunny Oreo Cookie Balls
This recipe is simple to make, quick, and easy for kids. The oreo cookies are crumbled and combined with cream cheese to make a truffle-like texture. After rolling into balls, they are dipped in melted white chocolate and decorated with icing decorations.
Here is a quick video tutorial on how to make Oreo cookie balls. The only difference is covering them in white chocolate and adding the bunny decorations.
What you will need to make Cottontail Bunny OREO Truffles
- Oreo cookies – regular or seasonal flavored oreo balls work best in this recipe. Avoid using double-stuffed Oreos.
- Cream cheese – the cream cheese helps bind the oreo cookies into a truffle-like treat.
- White chocolate – the melted white chocolate gives them a chocolate shell that adds flavor and is easy to decorate.
- Bunny icing decorations – seasonal icing decoration packs, are usually easy to find this time of year. We used a bunny tail and feet decoration pack, but small bunny ears may be easier to find.
How to decorate bunny oreo balls
- Icing/Candy Decorations: We used an Easter cookie decorating pack with icing bunny tails and feet. The decoration pack we used didn’t come with enough to make an entire batch, but we found bunny ears for the rest.
- Royal Icing – create a homemade royal icing with meringue powder to pipe bunny feet decorations on a parchment-covered surface. Once the decorations have set, decorate before the white chocolate sets.
- Marshmallows: Another option is to cut a miniature marshmallow in half and attach it to the oreo ball. Decorate with pink icing to create toes on the feet. For the ears, slice the marshmallow in the shape of a triangle and dip the sticky side into pink sanding sugar.
Bunny Oreo Cookie Balls
- 36 Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- Candy Bunny Decorations
- Place oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Combine cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese until fully mixed.
- Refrigerate mixture for 10 minutes.
- Scoop into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until they hold their shape.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Dip oreo balls into chocolate and shake off excess. Place on a lined baking sheet and decorate one at a time.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.