Safari Birthday Party

A few weeks ago we celebrated my son’s first birthday with a Safari Themed Party. It was filled with all of our closest friends, family, and great memories. Today I’m finally sharing with you the party decor details.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my inspiration for this party mainly came from the Young Explorer’s party Kim from The TomKat Studio styled for Pottery Barn. She was kind enough to customize the invitations for us and I loved them! I’m adding one to his scrapbook along with a mini album I’m making of his party.

The favor boxes were my favorite! They had animal crackers inside which went perfectly with our safari birthday party theme. I used burlap, bakers twine, an EkSuccess flourish punch, and my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the 1.

I make chocolate covered pretzels and cake balls for every event we host. I think our family and friends expect them by now, which is great since they’re so easy to make. ;)

I was happy to find these unfinished wood crates, they were perfect for holding the cake and cupcakes.

The large rosettes were made out of kraft paper packaging from the Dollar Store. These cost me pennies to make and could probably work with gift wrap as well. I followed the same rosette tutorial I always use but cut each piece 12×12 inches. They looked a little bare so I added a circle in the center of  each rosette.

I don’t think I can host a party without mason jars. I simply adore these daisy cut lids and the burlap ribbon I used.

The adults received a white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie as a party favor. How cute are these bags and thank you tags?

Right before the guests arrived we realized that the 100+ degree weather was too hot to be outside so we moved the party inside. As soon as I started setting everything back up I realized I forgot to add the paper mache letters spelling out ONE on the table. I got the idea from my friend Vanessa, which by the way had an amazing goldfish party for her son! Luckily I was able to finish setting the table back up right as guest began to arrive.

I forgot to take pictures of all the awesome food my in laws prepared, which bums me out since my mother-in-law made the best cucumber & dill Salmon ever! She did a great job decorating it too. Of course my father-in-law, the grill master, did a great job cooking up a storm to feed 40+ people. Thanks Jan & Joe! I’d say we had a pretty successful Safari Birthday Party for Zach. I honestly can’t believe it’s been a year, time really does go by SO fast. I’m currently working on my daughter’s Fancy Nancy birthday party for this weekend so stay tuned for all the party details. It’s going to be her fanciest party yet!

{Vendor Credits & Resources}

Brown & white graphic bags-The TomKat Studio

Crates and unfinished tray-Hobby Lobby

Mason jar lids-The TomKat Studio

Brown paper straws-The TomKat Studio

Table cover-Hobby Lobby

Kraft paper gable boxes-Target dollar section (a few months ago)

Green baker’s twine-The TomKat Studio

Thank you gift tags-Pottery Barn/The TomKat Studio

Paper mache letters-Hobby Lobby

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to these parties, TCB, Home Stories A2Z, Tip Junkie, My Repurposed Life

Comments

What a darling party! I love that the each detail was simple, yet packed a big punch. Such a cute idea. Thanks for all of the eye candy!
    Have a happy week

Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.com

Crystal: I’ve been waiting anxiously to see this party and it turned out fabulous! I love the mix of textures and patterns. Way cute!

• says

Hi Patti! Thank you so much for the sweet comment. I’m really happy with how it turned out. I hope you’re doing well and enjoying the new school year. :)

Absolutely adorable! The table, decorations and desserts look amazing! Happy birthday to him! My little guy is having his 1st birthday this weekend too :)

• says

Hi Randi, thank you! I can’t believe he’s one either., time goes by so fast! p.s. I can’t believe it’s been 4 months since NY. Hope you’re doing well!

4. Kristina says

Hello,

I love all your parties so much and have been so inspired by all your creative ideas. In almost all of your parties you have the mason jars with a cut out lid with some design, I was wondering if there is a special tool that I should buy so I can also get that effect with my mason jars. Thanks so much I can’t wait to hear back from you.

Kristina

The first birthday is always bittersweet for me. I love, but also hate that my babes are growing up! Time sure does “fly on wings of lightning!” This is an incredible party. I’m doing an animal themed one soon and I’ve got lots of new ideas now! Thanks so much!

What a fun set up! I love the burlap and all of the cute tag/embellishments. Too cute.

I would LOVE to feature this on my blog this week if that’s alright.

I also have to agree that The TomKat Studio is awesome to work with. I ordered from them for the last party I styled and they were quick and responsive and everything was darling!

Wow, what a production. And you are doing it all again this weekend! I hope you enjoy the moments. You did a beautiful job and I’m sure everyone was wowed.
    Liz

• says

Thanks, Jodi! I know what you mean about the animal print. I’m typically not a fan of it but thought this worked well, especially with the browns. Thanks for stopping by! :)

I love this party idea. I just threw a mermaid party and it was my first theme party. It was a lot of fun. You can see it at http://www.arosiesweethome.com/2012/08/mermaid-birthday-party.html
    I’m a follower and big fan of your blog. I would like to invite you to be a part of an event I’m hosting on my blog called Autumn Celebrations. Since fall is a crafters dream when it comes to decorating for the season, I will be dedicating the month of October to all thing Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. I would be so flattered if you would like to be a guest on my blog, You may share any thing you like that pertains to the this wonderful season. If you are interested in participating in this event contact me @ roejoe2@gmal.com for more information or if you have any questions.
    Thanks,