Homemade Vanilla Latte Soap

If you enjoyed the Homemade Lavender Soap Tutorial last week and you like the scent of coffee then you’re going to love what I’m sharing with you today! After playing around with a few more homemade soap recipes I created Vanilla Latte Soap Bars.

homemade soap tutorial

Have I ever mentioned that one of my favorite ways to relax is to sit in a busy Starbucks reading a good book? For some reason the combination of the noise and coffee aroma relaxes me. These soap bars remind me of  the scent of my Starbucks latte!

homemade soap tutorial

To make the soap I used goat’s milk soap base cut into 13 cubes. I used 13 cubes because I found that this makes exactly 3 soap bars with my soap mold.

Supplies:

13 cubes of Goats Milk Soap Base

1/4 cup brewed coffee

coffee grounds

vanilla essential oil

soap mold

Homemade Vanilla Latte Soap Tutorial

1. Brew one cup of coffee; set aside coffee grounds.

2. Cut soap into cubes and place in a double boiler or microwave in 30 second intervals (I used a large pyrex measuring cup over a double boiler).

3. Melt soap over low-medium heat.

4. Once soap cubes turn liquid add a few drops of vanilla essential oil. Slowly add in 1/4 cup of coffee and coffee grounds; stir well.

5. Pour into soap molds and allow to harden for at least one hour. Press mold to release soap.

This homemade coffee soap recipe smells amazing! I’m still fairly new to soap making but I’m really enjoying it so far. I plan to try new recipes and more natural ingredients as I continue to experiment. I have a few Spring/Summer scents that I want to try out, and of course share with you some new homemade soap tutorials!

homemade soap tutorial

More ideas you may like:

Homemade Lemon Soap

Mother's Day gift ideas and homemade soap tutorial

Coffee Sugar Scrub

Homemade Coffee Sugar Scrub

Peppermint Bath Bombs

DIY bath bombs

What are some of your favorite soap scents?

Linking up here

Comments

For Christmas this year I got handmade soap and have found that I absolutely love it. I love coffee so I don’t see how this could go wrong.

2. Crystal says

I love both the taste and smell of coffee. I bet this soap is heavenly. What’s not to love? Thanks for the recipe!!

• Libby says

Oh, dear! This is SOAP, not SOUP. Yes, it smells yummy, but don’t float oyster crackers in it and eat it!

One of these days, I plan to try my hand at making homemade soap. Thanks for the tutorial. I don’t drink coffee, but I love the aroma so I am sure I would love this soap. Would love to have you link this up to ‘Saturday Sparks’ if you have a chance.
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

4. Gretchen says

Sounds nice, but I would watch out for coffee grounds or anything that does not desolve, going down the drain.

• stephanie says

i have personally made coffee scrubs in the past and if i know i will be making it i will go to the store and get under a 1/4 lb of whole bean coffee and just use the store machine to grind it into either french press or espresso grind. it makes it much smaller and you don’t have that worry of drains. how that helps :)

5. Emily says

Hi where do you buy your goat soap and what brand? Also what brand essential oil.brand do recommend and lastly where did you get your soap mold? Sorry I am new!

• says

Emily » Hi Emily! My goat’s milk soap is from ConsumerCrafts.com, the mold is from Hobby Lobby, and I don’t remember the brand of essential oil. It doesn’t have a label but I purchased it from Amazon awhile back. I hope that helps! :)

I am not a coffee lover. Probably the only person who doesn’t care for Starbucks BUT I do have people in my family who this would make the perfect gift for. I will definitely try it out for them.

Vanilla……..I love that smell. How ambitious you are, and what a great idea! We would love to have you share it at our party. It is a weekly Thursday party that goes live Wednesday nights at 8:00 p.m. MST ~
    We hope to see you there! Have a wonderful day!
    Joye & Myrna (The Busy Bee’s)
    thebusybhive.blogspot.com

Oh my goodness, Crystal! Those sound heavenly! I bet they smell amazing! Is it weird that I kind of want to take a bite out of one? Lol! Thanks so much for sharing!

Liz

I had a friend that used to make soap with coffee in it and it’s a wonderful exfoliant. Not to mention it smells so good. I’m going to try this vanilla-coffee one. Pure heaven.

10. Lydia says

Hi, i have a question about the amount of goats milk soap base.
    I ordered mine online and it got here in one large solid brick. My question is… About how big should each of the cubes be for this recipe?