Reese’s Ice Cream Cupcakes

Reese’s Ice Cream Cupcakes – Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate mixed together into a delicious ice cream cupcake? The chocolate and peanut butter combo make this ice cream cupcake recipe a keeper! If you love Reese’s peanut butter cups you’ll love this recipe.

Ice Cream Cupcake Recipes

Since announcing my 12 months of ice cream cupcakes series I’ve been thinking of recipes to make for the entire series. The mint chocolate chip ice cream cupcakes were a big hit in our family and in that post I mentioned trying a peanut butter and chocolate ice cream cupcake, so I knew I had to start the series with these Reese’s Ice Cream Cupcakes.

The cake layer is filled with Reese’s peanut butter chips, giving you a sweet peanut buttery flavor in every bite. The ice cream layer is Dreyer’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. Here’s the twist on the topping..its the new Cool Whip Frosting topped with a mini Reese’s cup. The Cool Whip frosting is a smooth frosting that compliments the ice cream nicely.

Ice Cream Cupcakes

If you haven’t tried ice cream cupcakes, run to the store and makes these bad boys. They’re perfect for a special events, birthday parties, or a fun dessert to make with the kids. My kiddos loved filling the ice cream layer and of course topping them with the mini peanut butter cup. It was a messy process since I like to let the ice cream melt a little but it was worth the messy fun!

For more dessert recipes try …

Toffee Caramel Apple Cake

Caramel Apple Cake Recipe

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes

Ice Cream Cupcakes

S’mores Ice Cream Cupcakes

S'mores Ice Cream Cupcakes - the perfect Summertime treat

Reese’s Ice Cream Cupcakes

Ingredients

1. Dreyer's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
  2. Favorite chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate)
  3. 1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
  4. Cool Whip chocolate frosting
  5. Mini Reese's peanut butter cups

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
  2. Prepare cake mix and stir in Reese's peanut butter chips.
  3. Pour 1 tablespoon of cake mix batter into each muffin cup.
  4. Bake for 10-12 minutes; allow cupcakes to cool.
  5. Top cupcakes with slightly melted ice cream.
  6. Freeze for at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
  7. Top with Cool Whip frosting and mini Reese's peanut butter cup.

Next week I have another ice cream dessert recipe to share with you. They’re not ice cream cupcakes but its one of my favorite desserts to make!

Enjoy!

Linking up here,  Home Stories A toZ

Comments

• says

Jocelyn @ BruCrew Life » Thanks, Jocelyn! I was good and only had one, Reese’s + chocolate + ice cream = amazing! Have a great evening sweet friend! :)

1. Crystal says

Absolutely delicious!! I agree that chocolate and peanut butter go hand-in-hand. Can’t wait to try these!! Thanks for the recipe!!

I LOVE Your pictures. I feel like I could reach out and grab one from my comupter screen. I cannot tell you how much I love Recees. My kids even gave me their’s over the weekend because they know how much I love them :) Thanks for sharing. I have a weekly Link Up Party on Thursdays that just opened!! We attract a lot of moms and I’m sure our readers would love to see this post. Hope to see you there at allthingswithpurpose.com. P.S. we are your newest FB like!!

Wow! These look fantastic and soooooooo pinworthy:) Love the pics. My hubby and I are trying to make our pics look more like this. It’s still in the works:) Great job on your blog. My daughter and I are drooling over these dee-lish recipes!

Visiting from Pint-sized Treasures

Well, hot geez louise, girl! I’m flying out to the midwest soon and I hear it’s freezing there, but I’m going to be craving ice cream the entire time. Can’t wait to be back in the comfort of my summery weather so I can try these out. And the peanut butter! Love. Thanks for sharing!

These look awesome Crystal!! So fun for a party! {with way less mess!} I’ll be featuring these tomorrow over at Clean and Scentsible. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    Jenn :)

Wow. Seriously these look amazing and I am totally going to try and make them! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I am visiting from I Heart Naptime.

I am visiting from the Link Party…these look great! My family would really enjoy them! I am going to pin them and perhaps try them later! :)

I found your cupcakes on Prject Inspire{d}. These look SO delicious! I make a lot of cakes and cupcakes, but haven’t yet tried ice cream cupcakes/cakes. I definitely have to try these, they look amazing!!

These look AMAZING. My husband’s favorite food is Reese’s anything, and he would love this! It looks so indulgent that I should probably save it for his birthday in a few weeks, but maybe a few test batches before then couldn’t hurt… :)

Awesome! I love Reese’s cups. I made some Reese’s cup cookie dough dip the other week and may or may not have eaten most of the entire batch by myself…

• says

Mimi » You can definitely freeze them after the frosting is on! The COOL Whip Frosting can be stored in the freezer and when ready to serve take the cupcakes down for a few minutes to allow them to thaw if they are too hard. I hope that helps! :)