DIY Paper Flowers {without a die cutting machine}

With Mother’s Day quickly approaching it’s time to start thinking about gifts and ideas for the special mother’s in your life. Today I’m going to show you how easy it is to make paper flowers without a die cutting machine. It’s no secret that I enjoy using my die cutting machines, but I still like using punches just as much as I used to! These flowers are made with a punch, layered to create an ombre effect, and finished with a button in the center. You can use the paper flowers in a bouquet, centerpiece for your Mother’s Day brunch, or to wear as a boutonniere.

Easy paper flower tutorial

DIY paper flowers without a die cutting machine

paper

punches in various styles

button

tape runner

hot glue

DIY Paper Flowers Tutorial

Step one: Punch two strips of paper for each color (each flower has six strips of paper total). The lighter the paper the easier it is to repeatedly punch, but unfortunately also makes a flimsier flower. I used heavy cardstock for my flowers.

Step two: Slightly overlap one strip on top of the other for each color. I used a tape runner to glue them together.

Step three: Using a low-temp hot glue gun glue the first strip in a circular pattern. Keep wrapping the paper around, gluing every couple of inches. Then repeat with the next two strips, starting where the previous strip ended.

Step four: Glue a button in the center, the more it sparkles the better. :)

Step five (optional): hand cut leaves and glue to the back of the flower. Glue a felt circle onto the flower and add a pin on top.

DIY Paper Flowers Tutorial

Now you have pretty paper flowers to add to your gift wrap or to wear this Mother’s Day!

Easy DIY Paper Flowers

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up here

Comments

I loved this flower idea my girlfriends will love this idea when they see it on my table for our get together. The leather bracelets are cute and I have 4 grand daughters and they love the bling bling. I find scraps of leather in various sizes frequently at yard sales so I will be making those for a stocking stuffer at xmas.

These are so beautiful. I just love the way the paper looks with the buttons and the colors you used. A great craft to add a special touch to any gift. Thanks for sharing. I pinned! Hope to see you at True Aim!

What a unique idea! I’ve never seen something like this. Thanks for sharing.

I’d love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up!

SOOOOOOO CUTE! I just love them. Pssst dang you get lots of comments. I wish I got that many on my creative, decor posts. I don’t know why I don’t get more? sad face. Anyway, mini rant. sorry. Hugs, jen

Gorg! I just posted some tissue paper flowers I made but these are even better! So lovely. Would you mind sharing this on a new link party I host with 5 other blogs: Moonlight & Mason Jars Mondays! We feature 5 blogs who link up every week. The party closes at midnight on Wednesday. I know our readers will LOVE these too! :)

Xo,
    Jenn Pilgrim
    TheNewlywedPilgrimage.com

6. Bev Naujoks says

These are so sweet, I’d love to find a way to put stems on them. I think they’d make a cute centerpiece for a garden party, bridal shower, a ladies luncheon or afternoon tea.

7. Kathy F, Lakewwod says

This is the best version of the use of this punch. I have it and have made some alright blooms, but yours are perfect. Thanks for sharing this.

K.