Easy kid-friendly Thanksgiving treats for kids – Turkey OREO Balls.
Hey friends! I have one more Thanksgiving treat idea to share with you today. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before but the kids started a YouTube page over the summer. They are having so much fun with it! My husband has been making silly videos with the kids since they were babies and uploading them on Facebook for our family to watch. He decided to start sharing them on YouTube and now they’re venturing into making easy kid-friendly treats. One of the treats they recently shared are these Turkey OREO balls.
If you’ve never made OREO balls before you might be surprised with how easy they are to make. You simply crush up OREO cookies and mix them with cream cheese. Once the balls are shaped and chilled in the refrigerator you dip them in melted chocolate. Then you can get creative with the decorating by adding holiday sprinkles or making cute characters. With Thanksgiving coming up they had the idea turn them into Turkeys! I’m so proud of these kiddos and love seeing them be creative. You can watch their video below.
Turkey OREO Balls
This post may contain affiliate links
- 1 pack of OREO cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounces melting chocolate
- candy corn
- candy eyes
- Reese’s pieces
- Red icing
- Crush a whole package of OREO cookies in the food processor.
- Combine softened cream cheese and crushed OREO’s; mix until well combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave save bowl for 1 minute, stir and continue melting for another 30 seconds if needed.
- Dip one OREO ball at a time and immediately decorate with candy eyes, candy corn and Reese’s Pieces.
- Add a wattle with red icing.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
More Thanksgiving ideas: