Christmas lights oreo balls made with only 5 ingredients. This easy no-bake dessert recipe creates a truffle-like treat using Oreo cookies, cream cheese, candy coating, and edible glitter.
For more holiday-inspired treats, check out our Hot Cocoa Mug OREO Balls, Gingerbread OREO Balls, and Ornament OREO Balls.
I’ve been feeling really nostalgic this holiday season. After keeping a mostly neutral gold and silver glitter Christmas theme for a few years, I’m slowly starting to add color. This year I’ve been adding pops of classic red and green, which inspired this Christmas Lights OREO truffles recipe.
Oreo Cookie Ball Christmas Lights
There is something so festive about Christmas light bulbs. We always had the big colorful light bulbs in our home growing up. I wanted to turn that Christmas memory into a tasty treat to enjoy over the holiday season.
We used our OREO BALL RECIPE to create the most adorable light bulbs using a candy mold. The truffle mixture is pressed into the mold and then dipped in colorful chocolate. To make them extra fancy, edible glitter is sprinkled on top, and the top is sprayed with silver edible spray to resemble the caps.
Ingredients & supplies
- Oreo cookies – classic or gluten-free cookies work best. Seasonal flavors will also work with this recipe as long as they are not double-stuffed.
- Cream cheese – softened cream cheese is mixed with the cookie crumbs to help bind them together into a truffle-like mixture.
- Candy melts – colorful candy melts in your desired shade are melted to dip the oreo balls into.
- Optional: edible glitter or sprinkles – decorate the front of the oreo balls in a coordination shade to make the light bulbs appear to be shining.
- Optional: silver edible glitter spray, edible paint, or sprinkles – decorate the top of the light bulbs with silver to resemble a cap.
- Light bulb mold – check local craft stores for silicone light bulb molds to press the mixture into.
How to make Christmas Lights Oreo Balls (VIDEO TUTORIAL)
- Crush the oreo cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor.
- Mix the cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well combined.
- Press a tablespoon of the mixture into the mold.
- Dip in melted candy coating and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Decorate with edible glitter or sprinkles. Once the chocolate is set, spray the tips with silver edible spray.
More Holiday Ideas:
Christmas Lights Oreo Truffles
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz red candy melts
- 12 oz green candy melts
- edible glitter
- silver edible spray
- Place oreo cookies in a food processor to pulse into fine crumbs. Another method is to crush the cookies in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- Combine the softened cream cheese and cookie crumbs until it creates a dark chocolate truffle-like mixture.
- Press about a tablespoon of the mixture into the candy mold. The amount needed will depend on the size of the mold. Freeze for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Melt red and green candy melts according to package directions. Dip the cold oreo balls into the melted candy coating and shake off the excess. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Decorate with sprinkles or edible glitter. Once the chocolate is set, carefully spray the top of the light bulb with silver edible spray. Optional: add silver sprinkles if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.