Heart oreo balls make the perfect Valentine’s Day treat to enjoy with loved ones. This heart-shaped oreo ball truffle recipe is easy, no-bake, and made with a few simple ingredients. The oreo truffle mix is shaped into hearts using a candy mold, then dipped in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles.
We love a holiday-themed Oreo ball recipe. With Valentine’s Day almost here I wanted to try making heart-shaped oreo truffles with the help of a silicone candy mold. It worked perfectly and now I’m wanting to try new fun shapes and oreo truffle recipes.
Heart OREO Truffles
Making oreo balls is an easy recipe to make with kids for a family movie night treat or to bring to a party. The recipe is made using an entire package of oreo cookies combined with cream cheese to create a truffle base. The cookie balls are then shaped into round balls or in this case pressed into heart-shaped molds.
After freezing until they hold their shape, the oreo balls are dipped in melted dark chocolate and then decorated with an additional drizzle of white chocolate and colorful sprinkles.
Customize the oreo ball truffles using your favorite chocolate. The hearts can be dipped in melted dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate.
Heart OREO Truffles Ingredients
- Oreo cookies – this recipe is best made with regular or gluten-free cookies. Avoid using double-stuffed Oreos as the extra filling will affect the overall recipe.
- Cream cheese – cream cheese helps bind the cookie crumbs together to make a truffle-like treat.
- Chocolate – melted milk, dark, or white chocolate provides a tasty coating to the oreo balls. Candy melts can also be used, like pink and red for Valentine’s Day.
- Sprinkles – Valentine’s day nonpareil sprinkles add a pop of color and can be customized to match the party theme.
- Silicone Heart Mold
How to make heart-shaped Oreo balls
Quick video tutorial with step-by-step instructions
- Crush oreo cookies in a food processor or large zip bag with a rolling pin.
- Combine softened cream cheese with cookie crumbs.
- Press the truffle mixture into heart-shaped molds, then freeze until they hold their shape.
- Melt chocolate to dip the hearts in. Allow the chocolate-covered truffles to set on parchment paper, then drizzle melted white chocolate over the hearts and decorate with sprinkles.
Tips & Tricks on how to make Valentine’s Day Oreo balls
- Use a small cookie scoop to easily fill the heart mold. Press the mixture until smooth using a spatula.
- The amount of mixture and total truffles the recipe will make depends on the size of the heart mold used. Ours held about a heaping tablespoon of mix in each heart mold.
- Freeze the oreo truffles until they hold their shape when removed from the candy mold. if the hearts start to bend or break apart, pop them back into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This recipe is best served chilled while the truffles are firm.
- Oreo balls can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or frozen in an airtight container for 2 months.
Heart OREO Balls
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups melting chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor to pulse them into fine crumbs.
- Mix cookie crumbs with cream cheese until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into heart mold cavities. Press flat using a spatula. Freeze for 25-30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate wafers in 30-second intervals in a microwave-safe bowl according to the package directions. Remove heart truffles from the candy mold and dip them into melted chocolate. Shake off the excess chocolate and place the truffles on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to help the chocolate set.
- Melt the white chocolate then transfer it into a piping bag. Drizzle over the heart truffles, then immediately decorate with sprinkles.
- Keep truffles refrigerated until ready to enjoy.