Halloween cauldron OREO balls are easy to make and great for a Halloween party or movie night treat. This simple 3 ingredient OREO ball recipe is made with crushed OREO cookies, cream cheese, and melting chocolate. The bite-sized cauldron treats are decorated with green chocolate, candy bones, candy eyes, sprinkles, and a mini pretzel stick.
Halloween is almost here! Every year I have a great time coming up with spooky treats to make with the kids. We like to create festive treats to enjoy during our family Halloween movie nights, it’s a tradition we all look forward to. This year we were inspired by one of our favorite movies, Hocus Pocus, to make mini Cauldron OREO balls!
Halloween Cauldron OREO Balls
OREO balls are very easy to make with simple ingredients. The base of this recipe is only 3 ingredients.
- crushed OREO cookies
- cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- chocolate to dip the OREO balls in.
You can enjoy them year-round simply dipped in milk, dark, or white chocolate or decorate them with holiday sprinkles. I’ve shared a Pumpkin OREO Ball version before. The best part about this no-bake dessert is the smooth and creamy texture when you take a bite. They are always a crowd favorite at holiday parties.
How to make Halloween OREO Balls
- Crush the OREO cookies in a food processor until finely crumbled or use a large Ziploc bag and rolling pin.
- Mix together the OREO cookie crumbs and cream cheese with the paddle attachment on a stand mixer or with a spatula in a medium bowl.
- Scoop the OREO balls with a cookie scoop to create a batch of uniform size OREO balls. Refrigerate then shape them into cauldrons.
- Melt the dipping chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip them into the chocolate using a fork and gently tap off excess chocolate. Place on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Decorate with melted green chocolate, candy eyes, bones, and sprinkles. Top with a small piece of a pretzel stick for the stirring stick.
Halloween OREO Ball Recipe *VIDEO TUTORIAL*
More Halloween Ideas:
- Halloween Dessert Board
- Hocus Pocus Rice Krispies Treats
- Graveyard Cupcakes
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board
Cauldron OREO Balls
Easy OREO ball recipes shaped into mini cauldrons with green candy melts, sprinkles, candy eyes, and a pretzel stick.
- 36 OREO Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup dipping chocolate
- pretzel sticks
- candy eyes, bones, sprinkles
Crush OREO cookies in a food processor until finely ground.
Mix room temperature cream cheese with crushed cookies until finely combined.
Use a cookie scoop to form OREO balls. Place them on a baking sheet; refrigerate for 1 hour.
Shape the balls into a cauldron shape by pressing down on the top then use a toothpick to form the top of the cauldron. Freeze for 15 minutes.
Prepare green candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl.
Use a spoon or piping bag to decorate the top of the cauldron with the melted green chocolate, creating an oozing effect over the sides.
Decorate with candy decorations and a broken pretzel stick.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.