How to make Halloween treats inspired by the Disney movie Hocus Pocus. These Hocus rice krispies treats are dipped in chocolate and decorated with a candy eyeball and black icing. The spell book treats are easy to make and great for Halloween parties and movie nights.
Hocus Pocus Rice Krispies Treats
Halloween time is my favorite! We have a Halloween birthday in our family so we’re always a little excited to celebrate on the spookiest day of the year. Recently, I pulled out our Halloween movies and introduced the kids to Hocus Pocus. This Disney cult classic has always been one of my favorite Halloween movies. I was inspired by the Sanderson Sister’s spellbook to make Hocus Pocus Rice Krispies Treats.
I’ve seen various treat ideas inspired by the spellbook, but really wanted to try out making a rice krispies treat version. The kids loved them! These easy treats are perfect if you’re hosting a Halloween party, Hocus Pocus party or for a Halloween movie night marathon.
This post contains affiliate links
Hocus Pocus Spellbook Halloween Treats
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Melting chocolate
- Black icing
- Candy eyeballs
- Square Cookie Cutter
More Halloween Party Food Ideas
- Halloween Muddy Buddies
- Cauldron Cupcakes
- Halloween Candy Bark
- Monster Munch Popcorn
- Frankenstein Treats
How to make Hocus Pocus Rice Krispies Treats
- To make the spellbook treats you will need to make a 9×11 pan of rice krispies treats.
- Once your mixture is prepared, spread the treats on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Tip: use a greased spatula or piece of parchment paper to evenly spread the rice krispies treats.
- After the rice krispies treats are set, cut into squares (I used a 2.25-inch square cookie cutter).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate wafers.
- Dip rice krispies treats in chocolate and shake off excess. Place on parchment baking sheet.
- Add candy eyeball to the right side of the treats. Allow chocolate to set before decorating.
- Use black icing or melting wafers to decorate the treats to resemble the Hocus Pocus spellbook.
Note: I noticed the black icing didn’t fully set, even after refrigerating. This may not be an issue if you’re enjoying them right away, but you may want to use black melting wafers instead to avoid smudging the designs. Since the treats were enjoyed by our family for movie night I wasn’t too concerned. If I intend to make these for a Halloween party I will use a black icing or chocolate that will fully harden to make it easy to store and stack without being worried the designs will smudge.
Hocus Pocus Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 oz chocolate melting wafers
- 12 candy eyes
- 1 black icing
- Cover 9x11 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare rice krispies treats by melting together butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl or on the stove.
- Stir in cereal and spread over baking sheet. Allow Rice Krispies treats to set for a couple hours.
- Cut treats into squares using a knife or square cookie cutter.
- Melt chocolate wafers in microwave; stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip rice krispies treats into chocolate, shake off excess, and place back on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Add candy eyeball to the center right side of the square. Allow chocolate to set before decorating.
- Use black icing to add detail, like the snake and stitches on the book. Allow icing to set before serving.