This holiday season, create a beautiful hot chocolate gift basket in a few simple steps. This easy handmade gift basket makes a wonderful neighbor gift or to give family and friends. Gather a wooden crate, adhesive vinyl, everything you need to make a cup of hot chocolate, and classic Christmas plaid ribbon to make this cozy handmade gift.
It’s officially the holiday season! As soon as November starts, I like to put on Christmas music, bring out a notepad and start brainstorming holiday ideas. It’s my favorite time of year! I enjoy coming up with neighbor gift ideas to make every year and today I’m excited to share a new Hot Chocolate Neighbor Gift Basket with SVG cut file.
Hot Chocolate Gift Basket Neighbor Gift
I’m partnering with Expressions Vinyl to share a quick and easy neighbor gift you can make using a wooden crate and adhesive vinyl. In this post, I’ll include affiliate links to everything you need to make this project, including an SVG file for this Cup of Cheer gift idea.
Hot cocoa gifts are my favorite gifts to give friends and neighbors. They’re quick to assemble and have endless possibilities on how to wrap them. Today I’m going to share a hot chocolate gift wrapped in a small wooden box, decorated with white and silver glitter vinyl, then finished with a classic Christmas plaid bow.
Hot Chocolate gift ideas
- Hot chocolate container
- Holiday mug or disposable hot chocolate cups
- Candy canes
- Hot cocoa marshmallow drink stirrers
- Peppermint bark
- Gingerbread cookies
Supplies to make a hot cocoa gift basket:
- White adhesive vinyl
- Silver glitter adhesive vinyl
- Transfer tape
- Wooden crate (mine is from Hobby Lobby)
- Silhouette cutting machine
- Have a cup of cheer SVG file
Hot Chocolate Gift Basket + Gift Wrapping Ideas
Hot Chocolate Gift Basket
- 1 sheet white adhesive vinyl
- 1 sheet silver glitter adhesive vinyl
- 1 wooden crate
- 1 hot chocolate container
- 1 mug
- candy canes
- marshmallow drink stirrers
- holiday ribbon
- Begin by importing the Have a Cup of Cheer SVG file into the Silhouette studio. The file has an offset design you can use to layer two types of vinyl, or you can decide to skip the offset and use the single layer by itself. I think this would also look great with only white lettering or the silver glitter adhesive vinyl. Use the vinyl colors that match your crate best.
- Cut the adhesive vinyl for each design layer then remove the excess. Use transfer tape to adhere to the white lettering on top of the silver glitter offset lettering.
- Line up the vinyl layers to the front of the wooden crate and firmly press onto the surface. Smooth any air bubbles out before peeling the transfer tape off.
- Fill the neighbor gift crate with hot chocolate, a holiday mug, marshmallow sticks, and candy canes. Add paper shreds around the gifts and underneath to add some height.
- Finish with a wire ribbon bow wrapped around the crate and tied on top of the hot chocolate and mug. Optional: decorate with a poinsettia flower and holly leaves.
More Holiday Ideas:
- Snowy Mason Jars
- Peppermint Mason Jar Candles
- Oven Mitt Cookie Gift
- Bath Salt Ornaments
- 25 Handmade Gifts under $5
- Here’s another hot cocoa gift idea + svg file
- More neighbor gift ideas made with Expressions Vinyl