DIY Confetti Filled Eggs
Confetti eggs can be made with biodegradable confetti, paper confetti or glitter confetti. They are great for parties, Easter, Cinco de Mayo, and gender reveal parties.
Every year, for as long as I can remember, my mother would make confetti filled eggs for Easter. We have some pretty funny pictures of surprising family members with confetti eggs getting cracked over their heads. My sister seems to get me every year when I least expect it. It’s always a great way to enjoy a few laughs and who doesn’t love colorful confetti?
How to make confetti eggs
DIY Confetti Eggs
Quick video tutorial on how to make confetti filled eggs
- Carefully puncture the top of the egg with a sharp object, like a thumbtack. To do this, firmly hold the egg in one hand and press the thumbtack in several times until you can lightly press a hole into the bottom of the egg. You will need about a 1/2 inch hole to fill the eggs.
- Use a kabob skewer to crack the eggs inside and gently mixed the egg yolk to help release it from the shell. Wash hallowed eggs thoroughly with soap.
- Dye eggs with egg decorating kit or 1 cup water, 1 tbsp vinegar, and food coloring. Allow eggs to dry completely.
- Fill eggs with confetti. This confetti pack is great for making large batches of confetti eggs.
- Cut a 3/4 inch square of tissue paper and glue to cover the hole.
- Gently crack on a hard surface or in hand to release confetti.
These DIY confetti eggs are fun for the whole family to enjoy and guaranteed to bring a few laughs. They’re also great for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
More Egg Decorating Ideas
Thanks for stopping by!