Looking for a twist on a classic fettuccine alfredo recipe? Then look no further because today I’m sharing a new favorite 20 minute dinner recipe. This pumpkin parmesan fettuccine alfredo is made with a pumpkin puree sauce, double parmesan cheese, and red pepper that adds a spicy kick to the dish. I thought with the kids being out of school I’d have more time to plan out new dinner recipes and make more of our favorites that take longer than 30 minutes to make. Boy was I wrong! Even though I’m not running around between school and sports, I’m still tired by the afternoon. Keeping them busy is hard work. We’re still having a lot of fun crossing things off our summer bucket list and I’m still trying to keep up with them everyday. Recently I asked the kids what they would like for dinner. They all agreed they wanted “pasta with the white sauce” otherwise known as fettuccine alfredo. I wanted to switch up our alfredo recipe by adding a few new ingredients to the sauce. This parmesan pumpkin fettuccine alfredo was a pleasant new addition to our go-to recipe list. The alfredo sauce is made with pumpkin puree and red pepper flakes for a small kick. I enjoyed the touch of spice it added to meal, especially paired with the creamy pumpkin sauce. The pumpkin also adds a great source of fiber and vitamin A to the dish. I used a 29oz can of Libby’s Pumpkin for this recipe. I like to keep the leftover pumpkin readily available in the fridge for smoothies and protein shakes.
Parmesan Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and garlic until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes)
- Add heavy cream, pumpkin puree, parmesan cheese, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Simmer over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with grated or shredded parmesan cheese.