Quick and easy zesty shrimp nachos with triple cheddar cheese, bell peppers, and jalepenos.
One of my husband’s favorite meals are nachos for dinner. We don’t have them often but on the occasion that we do the kids and hubs polish them off in no time. Our youngest would eat nachos everyday if he could, I think it’s more about the cheese than anything else. Which is why I try to pack as much protein and veggies as I can into the dish. Of course the boys would prefer a big plate of cheesy nachos by themselves, but they have yet to refuse a plate of nachos with vegetables added to the mix. Which is why I’m always looking for ways to switch things up with a basic plate of nachos. With that in mind I was happy to come across this shrimp nacho recipe on the KRAFT website and knew I had to try it out. My husband loved the zesty italian flavor that marinates the shrimp as well as the bell peppers. If you’re looking for a quick dinner or party recipe then you’ll enjoy this zesty shrimp nachos recipe.
While shopping for ingredients at my local Safeway I picked up a bag of KRAFT triple cheddar cheese. Locating our favorite cheese was easy to find on the shelf despite it’s new appearance.
Zesty Shrimp Nachos
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT Zesty Italian dressing
- 3/4 lb. frozen cooked medium shrimp thawed
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 package KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese
- 1 green onion chopped,
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalepeno pepper thinly sliced
- Heat large skillet on high and add 1 tablespoon dressing, shrimp, red peppers, and seasoning. Cook for 1 minutes or until shrimp is heated through and evenly coated in dressing.
- Stir in remaining dressing.
- Layer chips, shrimp mixture and cheese in oven safe skillet (or microwaveable dish). Repeat layers.
- Melt cheese in oven for about 5 minutes ( or microwave for 1-2 minutes).
- Top with onions, cilantro, and jalepenos. Optional: add a dollop of sour cream or guacamole on top.
Thanks for stopping by!
YUM! Why have I never put baby shrimp on my nachos before??? LOVE this!
Incredible recipe!! I’ve been craving Mexican food and this looks amazing!! Thanks so much for the recipe!! Pinned :)