Patriotic Oreo balls dipped in white chocolate and decorated with festive red, white, and blue sprinkles. This easy dessert recipe is made with only 3-ingredients and is always a party crowd favorite. They’re perfect for a 4th of July party or Olympics watching party to cheer team USA.
It’s no secret our family loves making OREO balls. The kids enjoy finding new shapes and ways to decorate this easy dessert for holidays. Sometimes the classic round shape with holiday sprinkles is all we need.
If you’re hosting a 4th of July BBQ this year, try this simple no-bake dessert everyone will love. They’re always the first to go at our gatherings and people can’t believe how easy they are to make. All you need are three ingredients: Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and chocolate. Add on decorative sprinkles and you have an easy dessert to match your holiday party theme.
Ingredients to make patriotic Oreo balls
- Oreo cookies. Use regular or gluten-free oreo cookies for this recipe. The double stuffed will not work with this recipe. Seasonal flavors are another great option if the filling is the same amount as the regular cookies.
- Cream cheese. The softened cream cheese helps bind the oreo cookie crumbs together to make this a no-bake recipe.
- White chocolate. Ghirardelli melting wafers or almond bark work well for dipping oreo balls.
- Patriotic sprinkles. Holiday sprinkles add festive colors and shapes to match your party theme.
How to make red, white, and blue oreo balls
Here is a quick video tutorial on how to make oreo ball truffles.
- Start by adding the oreo cookies into a food processor.
- Combine the cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into balls and refrigerate on a baking sheet.
- Dip in melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.
More patriotic ideas to try:
Patriotic Oreo Balls
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz white chocolate
- patriotic sprinkles
- Place oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Combine cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese until fully mixed. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Scoop into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until they hold their shape.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Dip oreo balls into chocolate and shake off excess. Place on a lined baking sheet and decorate with holiday sprinkles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.