Looking for a quick and healthy breakfast? Try these Peach Overnight Oats made in a mason jar. This recipe is packed with protein, whole grains and chia seeds. Simply add your ingredients in a jar and they’re ready to eat in the morning – no cooking required!
Peach Overnight Oats
Overnight oats provide a quick and easy on the go breakfast option with very little prep work required. The combination of protein packed oatmeal, yogurt and milk make this easy breakfast meal a healthy option when you need something quick. With peach season in full bloom, we made these delicious Peach Overnight Oats topped with almond butter granola and honey.
How to make overnight oats
Overnight oats are easy to make in a mason jar or airtight container. The basic recipe includes mixing oatmeal (not quick oats), Greek yogurt and milk. The oatmeal absorbs the liquid overnight, making them soft and ready to eat in the morning. We have a milk allergy in our family, so we typically make our overnights with almond milk. They can be made with regular milk, almond, soy, whatever milk your family prefers.
I’m adding my basic overnight oat recipe below, but I wanted to share how we made this oatmeal recipe. Instead of using plain Greek yogurt, we used vanilla and added a drizzle of honey and almond butter granola on top. The combination was perfect! With the flavored yogurt we didn’t feel like it needed brown sugar mixed in. My recommendation is to play around with the sweetener and yogurt combinations until you find what your taste buds prefer. The Trader Joe’s almond butter granola added a great crunchy texture. You can find the Almond Butter Granola HERE.
Simple Overnight Oats Ingredients
- Greek yogurt
- Chia Seeds
More overnight oats recipes you may like:
- Banana Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
Peach Overnight Oats
Quick and easy peach overnight oats topped with almond butter granola and honey
- 1/3 cup oats old fashioned
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3-2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup peaches diced
- 1/2-1 tsp brown sugar optional
- 1 tbsp granola
In a pint size mason jar, combine oats, chia seeds, milk and Greek yogurt; stir together.
Stir in brown sugar, if desired.
Mix in diced peaches. Seal with airtight lid and place in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, give the oats a stir and top with a tablespoon of dices peaches and granola.
Optional: drizzle honey on top of the overnight oats and enjoy!
Tips on making overnight oats
- Do you need to cook overnight oats? No. The beauty of this recipe is that the liquid ingredients get absorbed by the oats overnight and make them ready to eat in the morning.
- How do I sweeten overnight oats? There are many options on adding a sweetener to your oats. I typically add a pinch of brown sugar to my oatmeal, so that’s what I prefer in my overnight oats. You can use brown sugar, honey, agave, etc.
- Can you use flavored yogurt? Yes, in fact you can use this in place of sugar or another form of sweetener.
- What do I top overnight oats with? Overnight oats can be enjoyed plain or with fruit and granola. We typically use fruit, granola, nuts, and chia seeds (if not mixed in).
I hope you enjoy this recipe! As a busy mom, I’m always looking for quick breakfast meals. Thankfully my kids love overnight oats as much as I do, so it’s a frequent breakfast around here. The best part is it takes just a few minutes of prep work at night and is ready to eat in the morning.