How to make rose loofah soap – this tutorial will show you how easy it is to make your own exfoliating loofah soap. Made with glycerin soap base, cosmetic pigment powder and rose essential oil.
DIY Rose Loofah Soap
Using a natural loofah in your soap helps exfoliate dry skin and replenish moisture. A loofah is a fruit that has fully ripen and is hung to dry. When wet, a loofah provides a great exfoliant and helps your skin absorb moisture. This soap tutorial will show you how to make rose loofah soap with essential oils.
How to make loofah soap
Loofah soap is easy to make with melt and pour soap base. You can use goat’s milk, shea, avocado or glycerin soap base. A glycerin soap base will give your soap a translucent finish, depending on how much cosmetic powder is added. I like to have my loofah showing through, so it really depends on your preference for soap base. Loofah sponges can vary in sizes so it’s important to find a mold that will fit your loofah.
This post contains affiliate links to the products used in this soapmaking tutorial
- 1lb Soap Base
- Natural Loofah
- Rose essential oil
- ½ tsp Rose cosmetic mica powder
- Soap Mold
- Large Pyrex cup
You can find everything you need in my Amazon Favorites List
More DIY Soap Recipes
- DIY Lemon Soap
- Lavender Loofah Soap
- Peppermint Soap
- Honey Oatmeal Soap
- Grapefruit Himalayan Salt Soap
- Watermelon Soap
Easy melt and pour soap recipe
- Cut round loofah into thin slices and place one in each soap mold cavity. Tip: ½ inch slices if you prefer the loofah fully inside the soap, 1 inch if you prefer the loofah exposed (depending on the size of your mold).
- Melt 1 pound of soap base in a microwave-safe bowl or in a double boiler.
- Add 15 drops essential oil to melted soap.
- Stir in pink cosmetic mica powder until desired color is achieved.
- Pour soap into mold and allow to set for at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove from mold and store in cool, dry place.
DIY Rose Loofah Soap
- 1 lb soap base
- 1 natural loofah
- 15 drops rose essential oil
- 1/2 tsp pigment powder
- Cut natural loofah into 1/2-1inch width slices. Place in soap mold
- Cube soap base and melt in microwave-safe bowl; stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir in rose essential oil and pigment powder until evenly mixed.
- Pour soap into mold and spray soap with isopropyl alcohol to remove bubbles. Allow soap to set for a couple hours before removing.
- Store in cool, dry place.