Hey friends! Are you ready for another pumpkin recipe? You’re not tired of them are you? Of course you’re not, I mean it IS pumpkin season. It’s basically a food group in the fall. Today I’m sharing an easy pumpkin spice whoopie pie recipe with a spiced cream cheese filling.
My love for pumpkin desserts and pumpkin spice lattes come together in this pumpkin spice whoopie pie recipe. If you’ve been hanging out with me the last few months you know that I LOVE pumpkin spice lattes. Sometimes enjoying a freshly brewed latte isn’t an option, that is when I pull out my Coffee-mate creamer and enjoy a pumpkin spice cup of coffee in the pleasure of my home. I’ll admit that I am not a black coffee kind of gal, I need a sweet flavor added to my coffee. Or as my husband often asks “would you like some coffee with that creamer?” HA! Just so ya know if we ever have coffee together, have lots of creamer nearby!
My husband will only use french vanilla creamer, I on the other hand try them all. My favorite are the seasonal flavors from October-December. Coffee-mate recently released their seasonal flavors, which include Spiced Latte, Pumpkin Spice, Eggnog Latte, Peppermint Mocha, and Dark Chocolate Fudge. Umm I’ll take one of each please! I can’t wait to get a hold of the peppermint mocha and dark chocolate fudge. I even have a few cookie and brownie recipes in mind!
I used the new Spiced Latte creamer to create a cream cheese filling for the pumpkin whoopie pies. The recipe was inspired by their Spiced latter ginger cookies recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3-4 tbsp coffee-mate spiced latte creamer
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add eggs, one at a time. Add pumpkin and beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, then alternate adding the buttermilk and flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.
- Use a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop to add batter scoops onto prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Once cooled pipe filling onto the flat side of one whoopie pie and place another on top.
- For the filling:
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add creamer and powdered sugar, mix until creamy.