Mini s’mores pie in a jar – Biscoff cookie crust, rich chocolate filling, and topped with toasted miniature marshmallows.
With summer coming to an end we’re trying to soak up every last minute of the late nights playing outside and enjoying s’mores in the backyard. I’m in denial that my sweet little girl is starting preschool in a week. I remember this time a year ago telling myself that I wanted to enjoy every second of this last year of her being home with me. Of me being her teacher during what we called “Mommy school” and her helping me bake sweet treats. I’m going to miss her, even if it’s only for 4 hours.
While the summer is ending we are still enjoying s’mores in the backyard as much as possible. We have also ventured out into new s’mores recipes like this s’mores pie in a jar. The decadent chocolate will melt in your mouth with the warm toasted marshmallows on top. The crust is hidden at the bottom but definitely not to be dismissed! The crust is a layer of Biscoff cookies, which might just be my new favorite pie crust!
The chocolate filling is slightly adapted from this chocolate tart from Tyler Florence. The best part about the pies is that they can be enjoyed warm or cold. The texture right out of the oven is similar to a thick pudding, but if you chill the s’mores pie for about 4 hours the chocolate filling will turn into a fudge like center.
S’mores Pie with Biscoff Cookie Crust
- For the crust:
- 20 Biscoff cookies
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- For the chocolate filling:
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place half pint mason jars on baking sheet.
- For the crust:
- Crush Biscoff cookies in food processor into small crumbs and combine with melted butter.
- Press 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture into each jar.
- Bake jars for 5 minutes then allow to cool completely.
- For the filling:
- Heat milk and cream over medium to low heat until it begins to simmer.
- In the meantime begin whisking eggs in a small bowl, set aside.
- Remove milk and cream from heat, add chocolate chips, then wait for chocolate chips to slightly melt (about one minute). Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and a pinch of salt then whisk chocolate.
- While whisking the chocolate slowly add eggs, continue whisking to avoid having the chocolate cook the eggs.
- Pour chocolate filling into jars, bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with miniature marshmallows and warm under the broiler for 1-3 minutes. You want the marshmallows to slightly brown, but watch them carefully after one minute.
- Allow s'mores pies to cool, use caution as the jars will be hot.
More of my favorite dessert recipes: