Snickers ice cream layered with caramel, Snickers bites, and peanuts make an easy summer time treat!
Snickers have always been one of my favorite candy bars. The soft chewy layers of chocolate, caramel, and peanuts make them so irresistible! Confession: I sneak all of the Snickers fun size bars out of my kids Halloween bags every year. Is that wrong? Because I’m pretty sure I plan to do it again this year. HA!
Since my love for Snickers is ever growing I’m always looking for new Snickers recipes to try like these Mini Snickers Cheesecakes
So when I came across Snickers ice cream at the store recently I knew I had to try it (it’s delicious by the way). This gave me the idea of making Snickers ice cream popsicles for the kids. They were a big, messy hit! I say messy because the little guy took 30 minutes to eat half of his, after 30 minutes I cut him off to wash him up. Everyone else enjoyed theirs as well. It’s almost like enjoying a mini Snickers sundae without the whipped cream. The bottom layer is peanuts for texture, then there’s a spoon of Snickers ice cream, followed by layers of Snickers bites and caramel. You can change the layers however you’d like. With some of the popsicles we added a second layer of peanuts and others we skipped on the caramel. This is also a great activity to make with kids, they’ll enjoy adding the layers of ingredients by themselves and to their preference.
How to make Snickers Ice Cream Popsicles
Snickers Ice Cream Popsicles
- Snickers Ice Cream or vanilla ice cream
- Mini Snickers Bites cut in half
- In small saucepan melt 10 caramels with one teaspoon of water over low heat.
- Fill a 5oz dixie cup with a teaspoon of peanuts.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of softened ice cream for the second layer.
- Quickly add the melted caramels around the cup, leaving the center empty (the popsicle stick will need that open space).
- Add chopped Snickers then top with another layer of ice cream.
- Insert a popsicle stick in the center and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Once frozen remove popsicle from dixie cup and enjoy!
A few more of my favorite ice cream recipes: