Triple Chocolate Cupcakes are a decadent treat for chocolate lovers like myself. This chocolate cake recipe is made into cupcakes topped with chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips.
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
This triple chocolate cupcakes recipe is my go-to for parties. The chocolate fudge cake pairs perfectly with the ganache icing. You can add miniature chocolate chips for a burst of chocolate overload, sprinkles, nuts or coconut flakes.
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- mini chocolate chips for topping
- For the ganache
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in boiling water.
- Pour into cupcake pan 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes; cool completely.
- For the ganache:
- Heat heavy whipping cream until boiling.
- Pour heavy cream over a bowl of chocolate and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is melted whisk the heavy cream and chocolate together until you get a smooth consistency.
- Dip or spoon ganache onto the cupcakes and top with mini chocolate chips. I like to place my cupcakes in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to allow the ganache to set.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
For this recipe I used the Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” cake recipe and made my own chocolate ganache frosting then topped the cupcakes with mini chocolate chips.
Wow, these look soooo good! Found you via TT&J!
I love these cupcakes, you can never have too much chocolate! I would love for you to link up with us at The Hopeless Housewife!
These look SoOo Y U M M Y !!! Thanks for sharing! Pinned ;)
Have a fabulous weekend!!
These look divine! Love the mini chocolate chips
O M G!! these look soooo good!!!
would love it if you would share this on my link party – Serenity Saturday
Natasha @ http://www.serenityyou.com
Those cupcakes look amazing. thank you for sharing. Visiting you from craft o maniac Monday. http://www.thememorynest.blogspot.com
delish! i never make cupcakes, but these make me want to right now!
Yum! I’d like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady!