Chocolate drizzled caramel popcorn with TWIX Bites.
Hey friends! We’ve been busy bees around here the last few weeks with graduations and end of school events. Last week my husband graduated with his Masters and we spent the entire weekend celebrating. He’s in the law enforcement field and has worked hard to receive his degrees in Sociology and Criminal Justice. I’m so proud of him and his hard work! To celebrate my mother-in-law invited our family and close friends for a graduation pool party. This was the first time the pool was in use since being built and the kids were beyond excited to try it out. Of course I couldn’t let the opportunity to put together a graduation party table display in honor of the event. I’ll share more details about the table display in the upcoming post but today I want to share with you the TWIX Bites caramel popcorn recipe I made for the party.
Twix Bites Caramel Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Twix bites cut in half
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place popped popcorn on baking sheet in 300 degree oven while making caramel mixture.
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling.
- Continue to boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn; gently stir to coat.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 15 minutes. Stir mixture and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Spread caramel corn on a large piece of buttered foil to cool. Meanwhile melt chocolate chips over double boiler.
- Drizzle caramel popcorn with melted chocolate and Twix bites. Allow chocolate to set before serving.
My kids love homemade caramel popcorn which gave me the idea to toss in some TWIX Bites candy pieces and chocolate drizzle to our favorite caramel popcorn recipe. The chocolate and caramel combination is my favorite! You get twice the flavor with the homemade caramel sauce covered popcorn then again with the TWIX Bites. I’m a big fan of the new Bites candy pieces. They’re perfect for tossing in popcorn, trail mix, or enjoying in small amounts when you have a little sugar craving. I usually buy the 7oz bags to keep on hand for movie nights and mixing into homemade brownies.
In addition to the popcorn I mixed in TWIX Bites with our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. We have always enjoyed the chocolate chip cookie recipe from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook. We often use it as a base to mix in our favorite candy right into the batter.
TWIX Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup TWIX Bites chopped
- In a large bowl or stand mixer beat shortening and butter for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda until well combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour until well combined with sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and TWIX Bites.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop rounded dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
For the party I placed the caramel popcorn in these black and white striped popcorn boxes from Party City. The boxes were $1 for 5 – a great deal for graduation and sports themed parties.
The kids were so excited that the pool was ready in time for the party. We spent the entire weekend swimming during and after the party.
Here’s a sneak peak of the party display. I’ll have a post up soon sharing where I found everything for our table display.
Thanks for stopping by!