Valentine’s Day pretzel rods covered in milk chocolate, with a white chocolate drizzle, and decorated with sprinkles. Celebrate the holiday of love with these tasty chocolate-dipped pretzels with festive pink and red holiday designs.
Chocolate-covered pretzels are fun to make and filled with decorating possibilities. They are the perfect balance of sweet and salty in every bite. The kids love making chocolate pretzels for the holidays. They’re also easy to wrap to give as gifts to friends and family or to bring to a school party.
Chocolate pretzels with sprinkles
We made an assortment of milk and dark chocolate-covered pretzels drizzled with white chocolate. They are simple and delicious. The best part is decorating the pretzels with festive pink and red sprinkles. Get creative and have fun decorating the pretzels to your heart’s desire. Use a variety of sprinkle shapes and sizes, including hearts, letters, and nonpareils.
Ingredients to make chocolate pretzel rods
- Pretzel rods – regular or gluten-free pretzel rods.
- Chocolate – milk, dark, or white chocolate is melted in a microwave-safe bowl to dip the pretzels into. This recipe is made with milk chocolate and white chocolate drizzled on top.
- Sprinkles – festive Valentine’s Day sprinkles decorate the pretzels with hearts, nonpareils, LOVE, and XOXO letters.
How to decorate Valentine’s Day pretzels
- Dip the pretzel rod in melted chocolate and place it on parchment paper or wax paper. Once the chocolate is set, drizzle white chocolate on top and decorate.
- I found a pack of pink icing hearts in the Valentine’s Day section of the grocery store. Once the white chocolate was drizzled on top of the chocolate pretzel, I stacked the hearts in an ombre pattern.
- The LOVE icing letters are from an alphabet pack. You may only get 2-3 words spelled out from one pack, but it’s a fun way to have edible messages on your pretzel rods.
- The large XOXO sprinkles are from a multi-pack. Again, another fun way to add words or names to chocolate-dipped pretzels.
- We can’t forget the classic cupid theme for Valentine’s Day. Red hearts and gold arrows are layered on top of the white chocolate drizzled pretzel rods.
Valentine’s Day Pretzel Rods
- 12 pretzel rods
- 12 ounces chocolate wafers
- ½ cup white chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring frequently.
- Dip the majority of the pretzel rod in the chocolate, leaving a section to hold the pretzel. Shake off the excess chocolate, then place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet until the chocolate is firm. Speed up the process by placing them in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and transfer into a piping bag. Trim off the corner, then drizzle the white chocolate over the pretzels.
- Decorate immediately with sprinkles. Tip: if decorating with letters or designs that require more time, it’s best to only drizzle 2-3 pretzels at a time. This will ensure the white chocolate doesn’t set too quickly before adding the sprinkles.
- Once the chocolate is firm, transfer the pretzels into an airtight container.