Vanilla Bean Doughnuts

Coffee and doughnuts have always been a favorite breakfast of mine. While I don’t indulge in this meal often, it’s nice to splurge every once in a while. The best way to enjoy it is early in the morning before the kids wake up while reading emails. Because if you’re a mom and a blogger than you know how valuable this time frame is. ;)

While in New York I met a Hamilton Beach representative who demonstrated the Scoop Two-Way Brewer and it was love at first sight. Have you heard of this new coffee brewer? I recently tried it out and let me just say, it’s everything you could ever want in a coffee machine! The single cup ability is perfect for me since my husband isn’t a big coffee drinker and I often only drink a cup. With my new Scoop Two-Way I can now enjoy a single serving without brewing a whole pot of coffee. But on occasions when I have friends over I still have the option to brew a whole pot. It’s a win-win with this coffee machine!

The Scoop Two-Way is easy to use and doesn’t require any extra cups or pods that some single serving brewers do. You simply use the scoop to measure out exactly how much you need, it even has a minimum and maximum line to help you determine the right amount. If you prefer pods then you’ll be happy to know that it works with senseo pods as well as coffee grounds. Once you have your coffee and water added, select your brewing option. One of the things I noticed is that the machine brews very HOT coffee, unlike any other coffee machine I’ve used. Another great feature is the capability to pause brewing to serve yourself a cup then resume the brewing. It’s also programmable and has an automatic shut-off.

The Scoop comes with a 14 ounce travel mug, perfect for those mornings when you’re rushing out the door. It’s also adjustable, allowing you to use a regular coffee cup as well. That is my favorite part about this machine! I normally enjoy my cup of coffee at home but if I’m on the run I can simply brew my cup into the thermal and take it on the road.
You can find the new Scoop Two-Way Brewer on the Hamilton Beach website.
Now if you’re a coffee and doughnut fan too then here’s a recipe for baked vanilla bean doughnuts recipe to try with your next cup of coffee.

Baked Vanilla Bean Doughnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean
Vanilla Glaze
1 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
gel food coloring (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 and spray doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking power, and salt.
In a small bowl lightly beat eggs, then add buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract, and seeds from one vanilla bean. Combine with flour mixture. Fill each doughnut pan 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 7-9 minutes then allow doughnuts to cool 5 minutes before removing them. Once cooled, dip doughnuts into the vanilla glaze and add sprinkles if desired.
Linking up to these parties, TCB,

Disclosure: Hamilton Beach provided me with the Scoop Two-Way Brewer to review. All opinions are my own. Trust me, you’ll love this coffee machine as much as I do!

Comments

Wow…I am so jealous! I want that coffee maker. You can tell that I am a coffee addict by the fact that I am drooling over the coffee maker and not those gorgeous doughnuts! They are beautiful tho :)

2. Terri Betz says

I love that you baked them in a doughnut pan! :) For me the bad thing about doughnuts is frying them in oil! What a hassle and so unhealthy! And they are beautiful! Now I could eat those doughnuts and still feel good about it! And I love Hamilton Beach! They make real quality products! My fav kitchen appliances are from them. Enjoy your busy day! Love your blog…been following and reading and enjoying for a while! :D

i LOVE that i got a sneak peek of these on instagram first(i’m @anightowlblog)! FINALLY made the crossover to follow you HERE! thanks for sharing – going to have to give these a try!

xo,
    Kimberly

• says

Thank you so much, Kimberly! I’ve been on your site several times and am finally following you via GFC as well!
      p.s. I love following you on instagram and those boys of yours are total cuties!

XO
      Crystal

Those are awesome looking donuts!!! I love that you did them in red, white, and blue. And that coffee maker…so cool! Coffee and donuts in the morning before the kids wake up is a good time of day:-)

Looks so yummy! I’m pinning for my hubby to make these for us. I’m also following you now via GFC since I seem to find you at link parties and enjoy your posts.
    Have a great day!

Now I need to run out and get a donut pan and this coffee maker. These look so yummy! I’ll take any excuse to have donuts and coffee

How amazing!. It must have been fun attending it.. I use Hamilton beach’s food processor and I love it. I love the donuts :) Enjoy your new coffee maker. Have a great weekend!

these are totally cute and delicious looking. I would love if you linked them up to Show Off Monday @ Kampenlane.com on Monday.

Thanks!
    Taylor-Ann
    kampenlane.com

The donuts look super yummy… but THAT COFFEE MAKER!!! I immediately opened another tab to find it on Amazon & add it to my wish list. Christmas may be too long of a wait, though, so I may end up getting it sooner. It’s PERFECT. I just love your posts. On my way to the “Follow” button.

I was all for starting a diet this week and then I saw these donuts! YUM! I have to try these…the diet will have to be started next week…hahahaha!

Those donuts look SOO good! and perfectly patriotic! :) Thanks for linking up to “Strut Your Stuff Saturday!” We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

I have always wanted to try baked doughnuts and these look delish! I’m a new follower and would love for you to visit my blog! riversrecipereview.blogspot.com. :)

Donuts and coffee…love! I love my scoop from Hamilton Beach…this one is next on my list…I do need a bigger pot for when guests come over! Love the red white and blue donuts (they’d be gone in a second!)

I’m normally not a doughnut person but these look yummy and the recipe sounds great. My Mom on the other hand would love these to bits and pieces…maybe I’ll be nice and make them for her, lol! We’d love it if you’d share this at our Home is Where the Heart is! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-1/
    and any other posts you’d like to share that have to do with homesteading and homemaking!

1. […] Red White and Blue Vanilla Bean Donutsfrom A Pumpkin and A Princess |Red White & Blue Funfetti Sandwich Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod | Patriotic Oreo Pops at Makeoodle | Red White & Blue Cupcakes at Pint Sized Baker […]