How to make M&M’s Chocolate Covered Marshmallows. These marshmallows pops dipped in dark chocolate and covered in M&M’s candy are easy to make and fun party treats.
M&M’s Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
One of my favorite treats at Disneyland is their chocolate covered marshmallow wands. Remember the Caramel Chocolate Covered Marshmallows I shared a few years ago? They’re still one of my favorite treats to make with the kids. We decided to switch things up with this easy recipe for chocolate covered M&M’s marshmallow wands.
Three marshmallows covered in dark chocolate and miniature M&M’s candy pieces. This easy treat is great for kids to make and top with their favorite toppings. You can get creative by adding your favorite candy like Butterfinger, OREO cookie crumbs, Reese’s Pieces, Buncha Crunch or a drizzle of white chocolate. The possibilities are endless! Personalize with your party theme and colors to add these fun treats to your next gathering.
This post contains affiliate links
To make marshmallow pops you will need:
- 10 ounces dark chocolate wafers
- 24 Marshmallows
- 2 cups M&M’s candy, minis
- Wooden popsicle sticks
How to make chocolate covered marshmallows
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Temper melted chocolate by allowing it to slightly cool and stir frequently. This will help make the chocolate shiny and the perfect dipping consistency.
- Meanwhile, add 3 marshmallows to a wooden stick.
- Dip marshmallows in melted chocolate and set on parchment or wax paper surface. Cover in M&M’s candy pieces. More tips below!
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate
- 24 Marshmallows
- 2 cups M&M’s candy
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl or over double boiler; stirring every 30 seconds.
- Temper melted chocolate by allowing it to slightly cool and stir frequently. This will help make the chocolate shiny and cool enough to the perfect dipping consistency.
- Add 3 marshmallows to a wooden stick.
- Dip marshmallows in melted chocolate and set on parchment or wax paper surface. Cover in M&M’s candy pieces
More Candy Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Tips
Allow melted chocolate to cool slightly and stir frequently to temper the chocolate. If the chocolate is too hot, the M&M’s may slide off. In this case, I suggest placing the dipped marshmallows on your covered surface and begin dipping another marshmallow pop before returning to the first one to begin covering in M&M’s. The delay will help slightly cool the chocolate and make it easier to press the candy pieces on. Another tip is to get creative with your favorite candy pieces. This is a great recipe for using up leftover holiday candy!