Easy no-bake M&M cheese ball dessert dip. Made with only a handful of ingredients, this party dip will be a big hit at your next gathering. This easy dessert recipe is always a crowd pleaser and can be paired with pretzels, cookies or graham crackers.
No Bake M&M Cheese Ball Dessert
Dessert cheese balls are party food staples in our home. We love making this no-bake cheesecake like dip to serve our guests at family gatherings, birthday parties, and holiday parties. Cheese balls are easy to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings. One of my favorites is this Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball. I recently started experimenting with different toppings, like miniature M&M’s candies. The dip is filled with cream cheese, chocolate chips and M&M’s then shaped into a ball and coated with more M&M candies. We like to serve our cheese ball desserts with pretzels for a sweet and salty combo. Nilla wafers, graham crackers, and small cookies also pair really well with cheese balls.
How to make a dessert cheese ball
To make a dessert cheese ball you will need
- Cream Cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Miniature M&M’s
Quick video tutorial on how to make a cheese ball
- Use a mixer to combine room temperature cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla and powdered sugar; mix together.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M’s until evenly distributed into the mixture. Tip: avoid overmixing to prevent the M&M candies from losing their color in the mix.
- Scoop your cheese ball mixture into cling wrap. Fully cover the mix and form a ball shape.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from plastic wrapping and roll in M&M’s. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Enjoy with salted pretzels.
More easy dessert recipes:
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes
- Strawberry JELLO Pretzel Dessert
- Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Butterfinger Fudge
- S’mores Candy Bark
M&M Cheese Ball
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup miniature M&M’s divided
Use a mixer to combine softened cream cheese and unsalted butter until smooth.
Add the brown sugar, vanilla and powdered sugar; mix together.
Stir in chocolate chips and 1/4 cup M&M’s until evenly distributed into the mixture.
Scoop your cheese ball mixture into plastic wrap. Fully cover the dip and form a ball shape. Tip: place the wrapped ball in a bowl to help keep it's shape.
Refrigerate for a minimum 2 hours.
Remove from plastic wrapping and roll in 1 cup miniature M&M’s. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Enjoy with salted pretzels, cookies or graham crackers.