S’mores Ice Cream Cupcakes are easy to make and a great dessert recipe for summer parties. Layers of chocolate fudge cupcake, ice cream then topped with a toasted marshmallow, chocolate sauce and graham cracker pieces.
You already know I’m a fan of ice cream cupcakes, but s’mores are probably my favorite treat ever! They’re so simple yet so delicious so it’s no surprise that I felt like I needed to combine the two. Boy am I glad I did! The oooey gooey marshmallow combined with the ice cream and hot fudge is THE BOMB.
S’mores Ice Cream Cupcakes
For this ice cream cupcake recipe I used the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe like I did with the Triple Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes. My inspiration for the cupcakes came from the Dreyer’s s’mores ice cream I recently found at my local grocery store. I originally planned on making homemade vanilla ice cream but knew I had to try this (new to me) ice cream. Once the cupcakes were frozen I topped them with a toasted marshmallow and poured Hershey’s hot fudge topping.
- For the cupcake batter:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Ice Cream:
- Dreyers S'mores Ice Cream
- Hot fudge topping
- Marshmallows; toasted
- Graham crackers; crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in boiling water.
- Pour one tablespoon of batter into cupcake pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; cool completely.
- Top cupcakes with slightly melted ice cream; freeze for 2-3 hours or preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve top with toasted marshmallow, hot fudge sauce and crushed graham crackers. Enjoy!
Note: The ice cream cupcakes can melt fairly quick so it’s best to take them out of the freezer right before serving. If you’re serving a large amount you could probably use a kitchen blowtorch to quickly toast the marshmallows.
More Ice Cream Cupcakes Recipes