DIY Peony Mason Jar Candles. This tutorial will show you how to make mason jar candles with a lovely peony fragrance oil and printable gift tags. If you have ever wanted to make your own soy candles, go ahead and give it a try! Candle making is easy to do and makes a great handmade gift to give to family and friends.
DIY Peony Mason Jar Candles
Peonies are one of my favorite flowers. My favorite is when the petals are starting to bloom, the transition is short but so beautiful. Since peony season comes and goes in a flash, I wanted to make some peony scented candles to last throughout the year. This easy DIY mason jar candle is made with soy wax flakes, a pint size mason jar and peony fragrance oil. Add a printable tag to give this homemade candle as a gift.
Do you love peonies, too? Then you will definitely want to make these PEONY BATH BOMBS.
How to make mason jar candles
Making your own soy candles is easy to do. Find mason jars in various sizes or recycled jars from your kitchen to make your own candles. Once the candle wicks are centered inside, you can begin pouring the soy candle wax. How much wax you will need is going to depend on the size of the jar. I typically use about a pound for a pint size jar. You can always quickly melt more wax to pour into your jar, if needed.
This post contains affiliate links
DIY Candle Supplies:
You can find everything you need to make this project on my Amazon Favorites List <—
Here’s a quick step-by-step video tutorial on how to make mason jar candles
More DIY Candle Ideas
- Lavender Mason Jar Candle
- Birthday Cake Candle
- Peppermint Mason Jar Candles
- Pumpkin Spice Candle
- Lemon Beeswax Candle
How to make soy candles
- Start by gluing the wick inside the center of the mason jar
- Use a large pyrex measuring cup to melt the wax flakes in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Another method is to use a candle making pitcher to melt the wax on the stove.
- Stir in 1-2 tablespoons peony fragrance oil per pound of wax. Allow wax to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour wax into mason jar; set overnight.
- Trim wick to ¼ inch.
Add ribbon and printable tag to give as a homemade candle gift.