How to make your own customizable clay erasers! Create fun designs and shapes with eraser clay. Mold the clay with sculpting tools or cookie cutters to make rainbows, aliens, pizza slices, cute kawaii designs, and emojis, the possibilities are endless!
My kids love making clay eraser creations. We went through several eraser clay kits over the last year of the kids being home. The kit is easy to work with. Simply build, bake, and erase with your creative designs.
This is a great craft idea for older kids, especially tweens. It’s a great boredom buster idea that allows them to use their imagination and get creative.
Supplies to make clay erasers
- Eraser Clay Kit
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Clay scultping tools
- Optional: clay molds
How to make clay erasers (VIDEO TUTORIAL)
- Preheat oven according to package directions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Break apart a section of the clay brick and start rolling on a covered surface to make the clay easier to work with.
- For the rainbow: take small balls of clay and roll them into ropes, making them slightly longer for the colors at the top of the rainbow. Gently press the clay ropes together. Trim off the ends if necessary.
- Lay your finished clay sculpture on the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue to make fun designs in all shapes and sizes to fill your baking sheet.
- Bake as directed on the packaging, then remove from oven and cool completely before using. Our kit suggests baking at 210-250 degrees for 30 minutes
- Cool for 1 hour before using.
How do you make eraser clay soft?
The best way to make the clay pliable and easier to work with it is to continue to roll it in your hands. Start with smaller sections, roll in between your hands or on a covered surface. The clay will become easier to mold into shapes the softer it becomes.
There are several clay eraser kits available. We have tried a couple and found this eraser clay kit works the best.
Monster eraser topper
- Roll a ball of clay into a cylinder shape around the top of a pencil. Firmly press down until the eraser topper fits snuggly.
- Make a face with small pieces of clay.
- Add tiny strips for the hair, gently pressing down with a clay tool.
- Remove from pencil to bake, then cool completely before using as a pencil eraser.
Marble clay erasers
To create a fun marble look, simply take 2-3 colors of clay and gently roll them together until the colors begin to swirl.
Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. The cookie cutters will make it easier for younger kids to create designs.
Clay eraser shape ideas
- Food: Cupcakes, pizza slices, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream cone, lollipop, donut
- Green aliens
- Fruit (strawberry, cherries, oranges, watermelon)
- Ladybug, snail, bee, butterfly
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Starbucks Frappuccino
More Craft Ideas for Kids: